Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Driving position.
Eternal

posted on 23/4/11 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Driving position.

Howdy all.
I plan to install the seats today along with the steering column supports. But i have 1 question is there any set distances that should be used when laying out the cockpit area. In regards to pedal distance from seat and steering wheel height from floor/distance from seat. As i really dont want to have to chop around later to move things around.
Any Diagrams welcome. I did a search but could not find anything.

Thanks again
Alex

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/4/11 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
First thing that I would do is drop the seat into the cockpit (loose) and see where it settles and then get into it and move it around (fore and aft) until YOU get to a position that will be comfortable for YOU for reaching the pedals and steering wheel. Then mark the position at the front with some chalk and position your seat there.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Triton

posted on 23/4/11 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
You want to be able to push clutch to the floor with out having to stretch, just move your foot. I set mine up with my heels together so just move my feet to hit brake and operate the clutch, oh and legs bent and steering wheel quite close so can control it..straight arms are no good as you can't control the car...

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pekwah1

posted on 23/4/11 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
i would say get it adjusted to where is best for the pedals.
The steering column can then be adjusted suitably for where you want the steering wheels.

laurencedawson

posted on 19/5/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
hi,

i spent quite a bit of time on this aspect of my car, for the same reasons- i wanted the perfect driving position..
the first thing I did was secure the seat in the chassis where i wanted to sit, you can gthen arrange the pedals and steering wheel to fit. - i ended up adding a spacer to the steering wheel fitment- its amazing how much closer you want the wheel when you are on the track...worth bearing in mind

les

coozer

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Its a mine field, I've messed about with mine for ages.. hardest bit has been getting the throttle pedal in the right place and still be able to open the TB's... hopefully its sorted now!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.