Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Number Plate
Big Stu

posted on 8/9/02 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Front Number Plate

Hi All,

Does anyone know the legality of using the stick on number plates on the nose cone?

Cheers

ChrisW

posted on 8/9/02 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Bad news I'm afraid. The plate needs to be vertical so if it's stuck to the top of the nose cone it will fail MOT/SVA.

You could use one on the rear though - I know a few people who have used them on 'normal' cars.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bass

posted on 8/9/02 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
my E type and every other one had it stuck on the bonnet, except federal ones
Big Stu

posted on 9/9/02 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Ah well never mind it was just a thought to tidy up the front of the motor. Cheers Anyway.

Stu

Chazzy

posted on 10/9/02 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I looked into this ,i w3as told i needed a proper reflective one on the back (its the one the G***O cameras look at) but at the same time couldn't get a stick on one from reputable sources, the locaol motor factor however "could" get hold of one for me, i ended up putting the solid one on ther front of the nosecone, i've only got 2 numbers after the Q so i could cut the whole plate down a bit. could you do it with motorbike size letters on a std car plate and then trim the plate?
bass

posted on 10/9/02 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
im sure jag were took to court over their no plate on the bonnet and got away with it . it was back in the 60s
Peteff

posted on 11/9/02 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine got a caution years ago for having the number plate stuck on the bonnet of his mini, but it could still be read from in front of the car so he was let off.

yours, Pete.

Jon Ison

posted on 12/9/02 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
check this out.....as fitted to the "isonblade" any size you want too.....

http://www.fancyplates.com/step1.php?front=520x112&back=520x112&reflective=no&bothwref=no&slantontext=no&comments=+®istration=GFE+788N&font=font1&s hadow=silver&border=gb_flag&color=grassgreen-silver&side=back&bottomtext=fireblade&manufacturer=miscellaneous&logo=no

steve m

posted on 19/9/02 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote

steve m

posted on 19/9/02 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
sorry, hit return to soon
on my first mot i had both front no plates
one stuck on the nose and one "proper" one underneath the nose,
i asked "the question" about the legallity of the nose plate, and my mot guy produced the "bible" as he was not sure, i can not remember the wordings but in basics it read that both number plates must be standard size and readable from the front or back of the vehicle, mine is, if you stand with your knees/shins against the nose cone and look down
i am not to sure about the "sva" test, i would say go with normal plates and change them later

steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.