Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Design help wanted for a special chassis.
Craft-dk

posted on 13/12/04 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Design help wanted for a special chassis.

Hi
Can anyone against payment help me sort out final drawings and calculation on strength for a chassis designed to suit body parts from both Rush and HKT?
There must be somebody in this forum knowing a lot more about car design which could find it interesting in doing a job like this.
I mainly need the help for the drawings as I have the possibility to have it all welded by a certified welder with the right tools.
Thanks in advance
Ricky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 13/12/04 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Rorty might be able to help you with this sort of thing.

Nick

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/12/04 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
doz raceing steve turner rorty just a few of the cast of thousands.

James

posted on 14/12/04 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Cymtriks would seem a prime candidate!

James

britishtrident

posted on 14/12/04 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Would really just be case of following Mcsorley or the book for scantlings and altering the dimensions to fit the body.

Personally I admire the engineering in the Dax but don't like the shape much :-)

Craft-dk

posted on 14/12/04 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Its something like this I'm after. Rescued attachment HKT2.jpg
Rescued attachment HKT2.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Craft-dk

posted on 14/12/04 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
You better have a front view too. please notice the great shape of this car. Just to inform you - powered by AUDI 1,8T (up to 300bhp)
But its just so much tooooo expensive for me. Rescued attachment HKT3.jpg
Rescued attachment HKT3.jpg

James

posted on 15/12/04 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
That's a Donkervoort.

I don't see why you would need a particularly special chassis for that. Obviously I understand that it is a different chassis underneath from the Locost but does it need to be? Isn't it just that the bodywork is different?
Maybe a few basic mods would be necessary to get the new bodywork mounted but I'd guess that's about it.

HTH,
James

Staple balls

posted on 15/12/04 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
I'd agree with james really, you probably wouldn't nned much off standard chassis wise, maybe try to find photos of one naked to see?

Craft-dk

posted on 15/12/04 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi - yeah I know what you mean.
But there are no parallel sides on this HKT which you have on the book one.
I also think the front is a litlle narrower than the book, but the front track is as wide as the rush.

It might not be that much different from the book one (thats why it should be a quite easy job for someone knowing about this stuff) but as it is my first chassis to build and I dont have any mates or even dealers around this area where I can go and have a look (kitcars are not allowed in DK) - then I need to be very sure about the design and strength before starting.

To James : Its not a Donkervoort - see www.hkt-7.de and look under Kundenfarhzeuge.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.