Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mx5 rear lower suspension brackets
nightracer36

posted on 8/2/16 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
mx5 rear lower suspension brackets

hi, does anyone know the correct measurements for the positioning of the lower rear suspension brackets? are they directly below the upper ones? I've checked the Saturn sports car manual but does not give details, just details on the upper brackets, any help greatly needed. Ron.
nick205

posted on 8/2/16 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Look at the scrap car collection thread as there's a guy getting rid of a stripped one - he may be able to measure for you.

garyt

posted on 8/2/16 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hi here is the bit that says about the rear lower wishbones;

Rear Lower Wishbones – These are similar to the Sierra based wishbones but adapted at the outboard end to fit around the Mx-5 uprights. The inboard adjusters are necessary to modify camber of the uprights as the upper wishbones do not have the room for the adjusters. They can also be used to make small changes in toe-in to the rear uprights. Suspension brackets are in the same location as the Sierra based chassis. They are fabricated to the jigs below:

there is a picture of the jig underneath it with the dimensions page 20 of the Saturn instructions

and here reference the lower rear mount positions on page 9

Rear Wishbone Brackets – Lower rear brackets are located in the same location and spacing as the manual with the upper brackets placed as shown below facing outwards on rail RS7 and RS7a 90mm from the outer edge to the centre and 203mm centre to centre

and there is a drawing of the rear uppers in my photo archive
hth regards Gary

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

garyt

posted on 8/2/16 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
here is the rear top wish bones with the relavant bracket postioning at the top of page 10

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Gary

garyt

posted on 8/2/16 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
f your Saturn plans don't have these details , pm me your email address and I'll copy my version to you
Regards Gary

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.