Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Identifying k-series engines.
GeoffT

posted on 13/1/05 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Identifying k-series engines.

Sometime over the weekend I'll be picking up a 1.8 k-series engine I've recently purchased. Whilst I'm sure the vendor is a perfectly honest type, I'd still like to be able to check I am getting the engine I've paid for.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any info relating to this at all. Ideally I'd like to confirm that it is indeed a 1.8, plus any other info the engine number may contain. Anybody know or can point me to any relevant website?

Many thanks,

Geoff.

stressy

posted on 13/1/05 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

At a guess it should be a k18.....number on the block, the 1.6 is defined as a k16 in that way. (as is the 1.4 i htink)

might be helpful??

WHO DARES SPINS

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/1/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust side of the block down the bottom it should have the engine serial number and it should begin either K18 or 18K.

Enjoy. 9 Days to go.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

britishtrident

posted on 14/1/05 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Serial number and ancilaries only

From about 95 on actual castings are identical --- you can actually convert a 1.1 block to a 1.8 simply by changing piston liners crank and rods

If you are using Rover MEMS injection and ignition you MUST get the original ecu with the engine. The anti theft system in the ECU is coded to the flywheel reluctor ring. Quite a few people have done engine swaps on Rovers only to find the engine starts perfectly once then won't run normally again.

GeoffT

posted on 14/1/05 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, also for the ECU warning. I'm intending to take the Megasuirt route for sparks and fuel, so hopefully I can sidestep the traps you mention. No doubt there'll be plenty of others I can leap into...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.