Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: The roll out
b14wrc

posted on 2/5/22 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
The roll out

Nice morning rolling the locost out of the garage for the very first time, managed to not run into ground clearance issues and I’m reasonably happy now with the suspension set up, though the alignment needs a good going through, think I’m in a position to finalise the uprights and started looking where I can get these made.

Body work is going to be exciting. Hoping to get the running gear done this year then start on body work next year. My mate asked me how far on I’m with it, I’d guess only around 20%.....

Rob

20vt powered rear engined locost

big_wasa

posted on 2/5/22 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Progress is progress but it’s the last 5% that takes the longest but it doesn’t ever have to be finished if it keeps you happy and keeps the grey matter turning.
scudderfish

posted on 2/5/22 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
So when will you start stripping that donor?
b14wrc

posted on 2/5/22 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Your totally right, it will never be completely finished. I enjoy the build more really.

I’m looking at getting my 6 speed gear box sorted then start the 2.4 build, get that all locked up and then finish the Chassis welding. Then start thinking about body work. Looking forward to building the fuel tank, want to make a aluminium TIG welded tank but then wrap it in carbon Kevlar, saw a Ferrari F40 build a few years back where they did that for the replacement ones, think it will add some safety to my build. Going to have to utilise the space to ensure I get some decent capacity.

b14wrc

posted on 2/5/22 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
The 4.2 V8 might be lighter than my 5 pot lol, but really don’t think it fit in my chassis.

Rob

Benzine

posted on 3/5/22 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
Top work, looks superb
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 3/5/22 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
For me, the roll-out was when it started to look and feel like the makings of a real car, rather than a heap of metal in the garage.

Looks good!

roadrunner

posted on 3/5/22 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good.

Are you adding side impact bars to your roll cage.
Also, I noticed that the rear coil over mounting points have no triangulation to stiffen the top rail.
Sorry if these are already in the pipe line.

b14wrc

posted on 3/5/22 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Gear box mount is going to incorporate an extra tube. Also have an ARB to figure out the mounting for.

Hadn’t thought of a side bar, maybe a bolt on bar could be added though, thanks.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.