Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12 project
erwe

posted on 23/5/05 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12 project

My project until now, it has te work next week so still some work to do.... Rescued attachment zx125.JPG
Rescued attachment zx125.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Arjan356

posted on 23/5/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
looking good Rob.
When are you expecting to drive?

Arjan

Hellfire

posted on 23/5/05 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice and very..... well..... short. Nice side panels too

I also like the red steering wheel glove. That will keep your hands warm on a cold winters night

How much will it weigh when fully built?

[Edited on 23-5-05 by Hellfire]

erwe

posted on 4/6/05 at 04:37 AM Reply With Quote
390 kilo!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
erwe

posted on 6/6/05 at 03:24 AM Reply With Quote
Today the first ride! Rescued attachment EPSN0003.jpg
Rescued attachment EPSN0003.jpg

ayoungman

posted on 14/6/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice looking machine. Looks a bit Mad Max ! I assume your going to have cycle wings etc.

"just like that !"

chrisf

posted on 14/6/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
That is increadible. I look forward to seeing the finished product. In my opinion, this is the most inovative se7en design I've seen.

--Chris

bikkel

posted on 14/6/05 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
i found tyhis picture of last weeks event to hockenheim

zx12

koen
www.zx12r-indy.tk

www.zx12r-indy.tk

erwe

posted on 17/6/05 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
What a power!! The race in Hockenheim was more a test for me. I was really amazed about the power of the car. In the first bend of the parabolica (long straight) the car was in 6 th gear on 11500 revs so the rev limiter worked.
Must be about 210 km on the beginning of the straight! That was a long straight so I lifted a little. Steering and handling was not good because I did not set the car up correctly (dampers at 0). When I adjusted the dampers and tyre pressure the handling was much better so I decided to join the race (qualification time 2.03, slowest was 2.22 and fastest 1.53, this time without any proper setup)
We had a rolling start and I overtook a few. In the first lap I was fighting 2 sevens (one was another ZX12 in a MK indy), I would overtake them on the start-finish straight but in the corner before I felt something and made a perfect 360 spin. I could drive futher and it cost me two places but I felt there was something wrong. I stopped and found out a bolt in my rear suspension came loose....
But I am very enthousiast about the car and I will set up the car properly and test it on the 1st of july at Zandvoort track.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 24/6/05 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good erwe

Does your roll hoop not need to be a bit higher though? In that last pic the top of your head seems to be about the same height as the hoop

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.