Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: subaru engine to mt75 ford box?
jonjored

posted on 3/8/05 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
subaru engine to mt75 ford box?

does anyone know where I can find or have made an adapter plate to mate these two together.
Alternatively, is it possible to just block off the front shaft sockets on the subaru awd gearbox?
Sorry if this sounds really crazy but gearboxes are not really my strong point.

Remember! power tools can be dangerous in the right hands.

James

posted on 4/8/05 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
No idea where you could get a plate made- but there are all sorts of places that do these things.

Is this for a 7? It's just I suspect getting a flat4 into a seven isn't going to be terribly easy! The engine bay is narrower at the bottom so it may not be possible to fit it low enough.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Liam

posted on 5/8/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
No reason why you couldn't weld up the centre diff and seal up th efront driveshaft holes. but you'd always be carrying some unnecessary weight.

Lesser imprezas are front wheel drive so a box from one of them would be a good transaxle option for a mid engined car, or why not have your engine in the front and the 2wd box in the back alfa 75/porsche 944 style?

Otherwise it's an adaptor plate or bellhousing modification. The latter (chop of half of MT75 bellhousing and weld on half of subaru bellhousing) will give you freedom to get the clutch spacing right. An adaptor plate may mean a custom flywheel/spacer for existing flywheel is required depending on how it works out.

liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 8/8/05 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
thinks there's meant to be an article in next months' ppc mag about making bellhousing adapters...

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyps

posted on 8/8/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
thinks there's meant to be an article in next months' ppc mag about making bellhousing adapters...

Ned.

That is what it says in the preview - got to wait untilt he end of the month to find out more...

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

jonjored

posted on 8/8/05 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanx guys, I was thinking of trying to shoehorn the ej22 lump into my locost, but after taking detailed measurements from the engine its self and my now rapidly growing chassis, I have come to realise that the word shoehorn falls a long way short of an acurate description of the process required to fit it in the car.

I would still like to see if it is possible to do though as a friend with a sierra is currently having some crazy ideas about fitting it in his car.

Sorry to sound daft but what is ppc magazine?

Remember! power tools can be dangerous in the right hands.

ned

posted on 9/8/05 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
ppc=practical performance car http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

[Edited on 9/8/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.