Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yet Another Atom Inspired Car
iank

posted on 27/1/07 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yet Another Atom Inspired Car

This time from MEV, to their credit it's the best looking car they've done yet.

http://www.mevltd.co.uk/

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Hammerhead

posted on 27/1/07 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
is that a cup holder in the passenger footwell??

I like it but would like to see more pics.

BenB

posted on 27/1/07 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
But then their other two cars were pretty god damn ugly!!!!
iank

posted on 27/1/07 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

TheGecko

posted on 28/1/07 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting. The one (count them, one) photo of the car on their "advert" page is fairly obviously an unfinished prototype. What's more, they're displaying the image compressed down to a smaller size. Viewing the image full size reveals that many of the welds have been (badly) "Paintshopped" over. What exactly are they trying to hide?

If it isn't ready, don't advertise it guys.

akumabito

posted on 28/1/07 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

I think the MEV 4x4 is sort of "interesting". I don't think I'd ever buy it, but I'm sure it's a fun car to take offroad!

Ratman

posted on 28/1/07 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Note that the suspension doesn't mount on to the main chassis. Why compromise this important structural detail? This is a chassis for the look of it, not the fuctionality. Remember the girder?
Alan B

posted on 29/1/07 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
They say...."the Rocket is one of the easiest kit cars to build that’s on the market today................Build time is approx 150 hours....."

How can they possibly say any of that?...it's not even close to finished.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kb58

posted on 29/1/07 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's marketing BS. It implies it's the fastest kit to build on the market today, but since you can't actually take delivery of one right now, I doubt anyone considers that "on the market"?

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sebastiaan

posted on 29/1/07 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGecko
Interesting. The one (count them, one) photo of the car on their "advert" page is fairly obviously an unfinished prototype. What's more, they're displaying the image compressed down to a smaller size. Viewing the image full size reveals that many of the welds have been (badly) "Paintshopped" over. What exactly are they trying to hide?

If it isn't ready, don't advertise it guys.

It just isn't ready yet. Only Photoshopped welds I can see are the ones holding the side triangulaition in place.

TheGecko

posted on 29/1/07 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan
It just isn't ready yet. Only Photoshopped welds I can see are the ones holding the side triangulaition in place.
Oh, well that's alright then. I thought maybe they were trying to disguise the fact that they're advertising and taking £500 deposits on something that isn't finished and has therefore never even been driven.

Oh well, caveat emptor.

Dominic

cloudy

posted on 30/1/07 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I can see the majority of welds have been clearly shopped on my screen....
G.Man

posted on 31/1/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
ahem, the pic indicates the rear suspension has about 1-2cm's of travel!

However, its a photoshopped pic so who knows...

Looks like it might be a fun cheap trackday car tho

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

iank

posted on 8/2/07 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just got an email and some pictures from MEV. They seem to have had a problem registering with the forum.

Looks like a bike engine in the background of the bonnet pic.

I read the article in Which Kit, which made it clear the chassis was only tacked together at that stage.

quote:
... I can't get on the site as my email seems to be logged already so if you would be so kind could you let folks know how far we have progressed. Currently first car completed, perfected then stripped for jig making. I am now making patterns for body work, pics attached. Dish in bonnet is for grill, curve is for both fly screen and full glass screen. Styling suggestions for a full bodied version would be greatly appreciated at this early stage. Obviously it's not possible to incorporate everyones ideas as the car needs to be different to whats already available or there's little point. We are a small firm and welcome interested visitors. Due to high number of requests we will be looking at BEC version. Kind regards Stuart Mills

Which kit car? are following development, next issue covers suspension and steering geometry.

Pictures are in my archive

Bonnet

Wing and buck

--
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.