Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Modifying to fit 4AGE motor
andrewturner

posted on 1/5/07 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Modifying to fit 4AGE motor

I want to get my motor further back in the chassis so the gear lever is in a better spot and for better weight distribution.
Can I cut away "Q" or modify it in some way to give myself more space.

Ivan

posted on 1/5/07 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I've done it for my motor but you have to be carefull to replace the strength you've lost - I made a "bridge" of plates and tubes as per below.

Replacing Q
Replacing Q

The idea was to transfer the loads into the plated transmission tunnel box that I've added as per Cymtrix - also I have two R's to improve the chassis's torsional rigidity.

I certainly wouldn't do it without some compensation to replace the lost loadpath.

[Edited on 1/5/07 by Ivan]

andrewturner

posted on 1/5/07 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ivan I see you are in Cape Town, I am in PMB I cant see what you have actually done can you send me some better pics
Ivan

posted on 1/5/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Andrew - will draw it out in the next few days - find photos are never very clear - one of the potential problems of moving the engine back is making space for the bellhousing between the two H members in the transmission tunnel which is ony realy possible if you have a +4" chassis.

Basically what I did was remove Q between the H members the run new members back to the midpoint of P in a V shape then fill in the top with 1.2mm plate.

[Edited on 1/5/07 by Ivan]

scudracer

posted on 6/5/07 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'm also planning to use a 4AGE & T50 trans in my Seven. Any ideas on where to to get dimension drawings for this engine & transmission? Would be a big help.

Shameless-ad-supported-blog-that-belongs-to-my-friend plug - http://www.sevenbuilder.com & http://www.bikervoodoo.com

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.