Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 3D modelling for a noob
Pezza

posted on 31/5/07 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
3D modelling for a noob

Right, after some 3d design/cad type software or whatever it is.
Easy to learn for a complete noob to design software like myself.
What do you guys recomend?

Cheers
Pez

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

flak monkey

posted on 31/5/07 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I can send you a d/l link for ProD. Its a legit copy from when it was freeware. No liscencing issues.

Send me a U2U if you want a copy.

Solidworks is easier to work, but the liscence is a bugger sometimes.

David

[Edited on 31/5/07 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

CAD Monkey

posted on 31/5/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
I would look for something like Autodesk Inventor, or Solidworks, or maybe Rhino - is this for a career thing or just on a private/personal level?

[Edited on 31/5/07 by CAD Monkey]

Pezza

posted on 31/5/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Private thing, once the indy is finished I want to build a chopper (fab the frame etc)
Plus it's another skill learnt

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

ayoungman

posted on 31/5/07 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Pro Desktop is very easy to learn, plus there are loads of downloadable tutorials on the web now. I teach it to 12 year olds and they grasp it after two or three lessons.

"just like that !"

peterriley2

posted on 31/5/07 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
easiest by far to learn is sketchup, but is only really for archiatects and cant do really complex structures. i really dont like prodesktop, and i find stuff like rhino and autocad very hard to grasp. dont know how much you use computers or condone pirating but you can download solidworks which is industry standard very easily on torrent, i got one from snarf-it.org i think.

Joel

If you dont respect yourself, dont expect respect from anyone else
Live your dreams, dont dream your life
Women only want you for one thing- everything!

Pezza

posted on 31/5/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't paid for any software in god knows how many years lol

JamJah

posted on 31/5/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sketchup is as powerful as the person using it. It is as powerful in all aspects as other applications mention except in rendering (even that its can be made more powerful with add ins).

This is personal advise or personal opinion.
Constructive comments gratefully recieved, picking is left for noses.

bpgoa

posted on 31/5/07 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
aUTOCAD

if you want a one off... and want to stay legal... you can download the latest release (2007) of Autocad 3d fully functional.. with a 30 day try license for free...

rendering is a bit basic.. (use 3d studio max if you want bells and whistles) but i found it easy to learn..
I read the tutorial before installing it... and modelled the front suspension in the first night..

good luck..

On and On the River flows... We the Undertow

chrisg

posted on 1/6/07 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peterriley2
easiest by far to learn is sketchup, but is only really for archiatects and cant do really complex structures. i really dont like prodesktop, and i find stuff like rhino and autocad very hard to grasp. dont know how much you use computers or condone pirating but you can download solidworks which is industry standard very easily on torrent, i got one from snarf-it.org i think.

This is sketchup, you can model to 0.0000001 of a mm, I love it!

cheers

Chris

[Edited on 1/6/07 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Pezza

posted on 2/6/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Got solidworks and been going through the tutorials for now

Anyone know and good online cad libraries?
Better yet anyone got a locost style chassis model?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.