Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AutoARSE!!
CAD Monkey

posted on 28/6/07 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
AutoARSE!!

Sorry guys but I need to rant:

A couple of weekends ago the rear screen went bang on my Vectra (no idea how, but I guess that's irrelevant) so having heard lots of ads for Autoglass on the radio I gave them a call:

"If you can get it over to us we can replace the screen for you today"...

Great! so we drive over with the rear of the car showered with glass, and in about 2 hours w're ready to go (not too bad though cos there's a Suzuki bike showroom nearby ) We begin to drive home very happy having paid the £50 excess...

But as we get closer to home we can hear weird noises like rain...

When we got home it turned out they'd lost 5 of the bolt cover caps for the interior trim, scratched the boot in 2 places, scratched the rear spoiler and gouged a chunk of paint out where they'd wrenched the rear wiper up into the spoiler, they also left a bloody great load of glass in the tailgate that slid backwards and forwards when you drive or lift the tailgate... on the Monday I place my complaint and that someone will call me...

2 days later and no call, so I ring: "I was just about to ring you, we're waiting for an appointment from Autorestore to assess whether they can cover the damage. Someone from Autorestore will call to arrange an appointment..."

They arranged to come between 1-3pm yesterday and never turned up, I rang Autoglass to say I don't want some bloke doing the repair in a tent at work, so I get told she's got to speak to the manager and will call me back, after an hour and a half I call again to be told I've got to sort it out with Autorestore!!

WTF!?!?!? I feel like smashing some skulls together as I don't like having my chain pulled...anyone got any comments????

Stewart.

PS. I feel marginally better now!

[Edited on 28/6/07 by CAD Monkey]

twybrow

posted on 28/6/07 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Your complaint is with Autoglass. It is not your responsibility to sort it with Autorepair - your contract is with Autoglass. Go in their if it is a reasonable distance. Ask to speak to the manager. do not allow them to take you into an office, instead make sure you are in full earshot of the other customers. Express your displeasure and state that you would like it to be rectified promtly. Most managers will bend over backwards for fear that you will send other customers back out the door. Failing that, contact trading standards, and get reading up on consumer law!

BenB

posted on 28/6/07 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just tell them they have 7 days to organize the repair otherwise you'll get the repairs done yourself and take them to the small claims court to get back the money (as well as reporting them to trading standards). And tell them you'll claim costs of them and you'll get a bloody expensive lawyer....
BenB

posted on 28/6/07 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
What I liked about Autoglass is they're always banging on about how cheap they are.

I rang them up about getting a new screen for the Caterham screen on the LocoPan...

They rang me back and said they could fit me an unheated one (if I took the screen to them)....

and they'd even given me a promotional 20% off....

Would only cost me just over £400 (and that included the discount)!!!

Surprisingly I didn't take them up on their offer and bought one from Caterham for £80 and fitted it myself!!

They seemed surprised when I said I didn't want them to order the glass in!!!!

Keith Weiland

posted on 28/6/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Shouldnt that be...

AutoglARSE
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.