Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LOL!
BenB

posted on 29/6/07 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
LOL!

Got a bill from the electricity company for my garage. Despite all my welding, grinding etc it usually uses very little electricity. I got my latest bill and the "estimate" was a little scary. After using 32 units in 2 years they decided I'd used 2450 in 3 months and sent me a bill for £300!!
I sent them an e-mail suggesting the estimated reading was a tad unrealistic and they replied saying

"thank you for your mail

I think you are correct unless the garage has been converted into a night club

regards
edf energy"

LOL!!!!! For once a customer services person with a sense of humour!!!

CAD Monkey

posted on 29/6/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
LMAO - We convert their vehicles so it's nice to see our customers have a sense of humour!!
joneh

posted on 29/6/07 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
I guess they don't know about the trendy London bar you've opened....

BenB

posted on 29/6/07 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Actually, the garage next to mine (basically a lockup) used to be an illegal coffee shop for the local builders and taxi drivers. Appparantly at one point they even had chairs, tables and an umbrella!!!
caber

posted on 29/6/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hang on, I have chairs table, a kettle coffee and tea making equipment and frequently chocolate biscuits I'm not going to get done as a cafe am I

Caber

Jon Ison

posted on 29/6/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Got a bill from the electricity company for my garage. Despite all my welding, grinding etc it usually uses very little electricity. I got my latest bill and the "estimate" was a little scary. After using 32 units in 2 years they decided I'd used 2450 in 3 months and sent me a bill for £300!!
I sent them an e-mail suggesting the estimated reading was a tad unrealistic and they replied saying

"thank you for your mail

I think you are correct unless the garage has been converted into a night club

regards
edf energy"

LOL!!!!! For once a customer services person with a sense of humour!!!

Made me to, that is customer srvice.....

speedyxjs

posted on 29/6/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I wish all customer service departments were like that

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

t.j.

posted on 29/6/07 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Here it's becoming normal to grow some marijuana in the garage, so around here they would say,

Yeah right, shut off the grow lights

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

adithorp

posted on 29/6/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
We got an electricity bill at work last year for£23,000,000,000.23.

When I phoned them they asked "have you checked it against the meter readings? Are you sure its wrong?"

Adrian

BenB

posted on 29/6/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote

iank

posted on 1/7/07 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Time to be careful. Could the garage(s) next door have grow lights and be tapping into your power?

If it was estimated probably not.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Rob Palin

posted on 2/7/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I had a lengthy fued with the water board after a bill for enough water for me to have had 33 baths a day. First they wouldn't back down then they admitted that a previous reading was wrong then changed their mind before eventually agreeing that i wasn't trying to float a battleship in my back garden or something.

I paid the revised bill and 6 months later they sent me a cheque for a mysterious overpayment of 3p. Bless 'em.

worX

posted on 2/7/07 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I used to work for Southern Electric in Basingstoke as a Debt Collector and not only have I seen/heard some quality excuses, but I've also seen it from the "other side" aswell...

You can imagine some of the stories, but one that really got to me was an elderly couple moved into a retirement type bungalow, and never looked arounf the back of it - where there were two 500 watt lamps running day and night for months and months.

I was gutted when I told her she still had to pay. It was loads, I spread it over a lot longer than I was allowed to, but still felt crap.

Quality one was a bloke that insisted that he'd made no changes in his consumption, ie no extra computers, bigger cookers etc. So when I asked why all the heavy machinery type tyre tracks going round the side of his house - Oh thats 'cos of my new heated swimming pool... yeah, nice one...

Best one ever was a lad that spoke to a friend of mine, who was laughing when he gave his excuse as - I can't pay you mate, 'cos I'm just about to blow the last of my wages on a prostitute, I'm walking in the door now...

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.