Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Grabercars Magazine Photoshoot
sgraber

posted on 21/1/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Grabercars Magazine Photoshoot

Yesterday was a big day for La Bala. A photographer drove out from California to shoot the car (among other assignments including Barrett-Jackson Auction) and we scheduled for 3pm Sunday.

The photo session, located in the desert mountains northeast of Phoenix, Arizona took about 3 hours, during which time the car was driven and posed in many different positions.

I wasn't able to take many pictures of my own because I ended up being the 'photo bitch' and had to position the car, drive the car, light the car, etc.

The photographer, who was driving a brand new Viper from the press pool was super impressed with the car and really enjoyed driving it. He felt the car was very responsive and connected to the road and way more fun to drive than the Viper with smooth suspension and not bone jarring like the Viper. That definitely made me happy. It was a highlight to be a passenger as he took it to redline in the first 3 gears flying down a remote desert rollercoaster road. I wish I had a video of him yelling 'woohoooo!'

[Edited on 1/21/08 by sgraber]

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
givemethebighammer

posted on 21/1/08 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
The car looks great, and I'm very envious of that blue sky.
russbost

posted on 21/1/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations Steve, well deserved!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
donut

posted on 21/1/08 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic design, nice colour, well done!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave1888

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
awesome car
Simon

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Great news for you and the car, which is very sweet

Your footer says:

Are you really an American, or a European. That definately is a philosophy from this side of the pond

ATB

Simon

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car. Nice weather. Its snowing here just now

worX

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats and all the best Steve!

Steve

David Jenkins

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
I do like that design - clean, simple and totally unfussy.

Are you sure you're not British?

Only joking - well done Steve!

sgraber

posted on 21/1/08 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you all. When the magazine comes out in March or April I will get permission to reprint and post up the article. (good or bad.)

The weather here is absolutely perfect. As usual for winter in the desert southwest. Lovely roadster weather.

I'll try to make a nice video one of these days coming up.

Steve Graber

Avoneer

posted on 21/1/08 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats mate - that car has turned out soooo nice.

Do you have any moe pics of the arse?

Pat...

P.S. - I think you've lost some of your hair with all that open air driving ;-)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Benonymous

posted on 21/1/08 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats

The car is looking superb Steve. I have followed La Bala since you started posting about it on the MR2 forum. I had a supercharged AW 11 at the time.

I certainly hope this shoot brings your project some well deserved publicity. Have you sold any kits yet? Just curious.

niceperson709

posted on 21/1/08 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Looking very good Steve I look forward to seeing the article

just written a short piece about your car at my blog Steve
Cheers

[Edited on 21/1/08 by niceperson709]

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

sgraber

posted on 21/1/08 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
P.S. - I think you've lost some of your hair with all that open air driving ;-)

You know the main reason for hair loss in men? Too much testosterone. That's right. I am more manly than you.

I've had a number of inquiries regarding the turn-key version, but without a finished car to show and drive it's been understandably slow on the up-tick. I have until recently been focused heavily on the prototype development but now that I have all the interior pieces finished and the rear valance done and the windshield frame completely re-done for a new piece of glass I can say that were someone desiring of a turnkey La Bala I would not have a problem producing one in short order.

I've always been of the mind that slow-in/fast-out works best and I am definitely not upset or worried about starting out with a low number of people interested in those turn-key kits. It will happen. The response of the few people that have driven the car in the flesh convinces me that it's just a matter of time.

The plans for the chassis are selling well all over the world. No British buyers yet which is unusual. Maybe nobody in the UK wants to build a middy from plans? Seriously, you probably didn't know that I offer the plans to build the chassis. I have not been promoting that much either. Mainly because they aren't quite finished and at the moment I am selling them at 1/2 price with the promise to deliver all the missing sheets at no additional charge when they are completed. But why advertise too much? I am not dependent on any sales to survive. BTW you don't even have to buy a Bala body with the plans as there is no precondition with plan sales. However I would like to think that people will want to buy the bodywork since I think it looks nice.

WRT the comments about quickness through lightness I do feel a strong bond to the British when it comes to this. I don't know how the concept of performance became so perverted towards 700Lb engines and 4,000Lb sports cars. Weird to me.

Sorry for rambling on, I am quite tired today and in a weird mood.

Steve Graber

David Jenkins

posted on 22/1/08 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Weird is good...

02GF74

posted on 22/1/08 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
lovey car and ;lovely weather, not like here.....
sgraber

posted on 23/1/08 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
I shot a video walking around of the car showing some of the details close up. It gives you a better feel for the detail work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSAnyQrABrM

Enjoy!

Steve Graber

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.