Board logo

pics or info on rad brackets
mads - 31/3/11 at 02:34 PM

hey all,
have got the rad brackets from MK and as some others have pointed out, they seem to be a bit flimsy. anyone got any pics or info on how they re-inforced them or did you make your own? if so, any pics? ideally dont want to weld the brackets to the chassis as i dont have a welder and would rather not start hacking into the powdercoat if i can help it.

cheers,

mads

40inches - 31/3/11 at 02:44 PM

I made mine out of steel tubing (12mm o/d I think) not very good pic with camera phone:

whitestu - 31/3/11 at 02:54 PM

Mine are just some bits of thin steel angle, fastened to the chassis with rivnuts.

Stu

Davegtst - 31/3/11 at 03:27 PM

My MK ones are made of thin aluminium with bends on either end. They needed alot of cutting about to get them to fit properly but once the top and bottom rad hoses are on it stiffens it up quite a bit. I bolted mine to the front uprights of the chasis.

PAUL FISHER - 31/3/11 at 04:43 PM

My Indy R

Davegtst - 31/3/11 at 04:58 PM

MikeR - 31/3/11 at 06:09 PM

Having seen how horizontally flappy the radiator brackets are, i'd STRONGLY suggest getting some aluminium angle and riveting that to the top and bottom of the brackets MK supplied. It doesn't seem strong enough to me otherwise.