Board logo

Hellfire rear panel, query
kurt - 3/11/05 at 08:46 PM

I've been trial fitting my body panels and agree with you about the fit across the width of the rear panel. I've decided to split my panel as you did on your original build, but why did you put the split on one side and then a dummy on the other as opposed to splitting it in the middle? I'm considering splitting mine in the middle, can you see any reason why not? Also, is Sikaflex the the same as the polyurethane adhesive you refer to on your website?

Cheers, Kurt

Ben_Copeland - 3/11/05 at 10:00 PM

Just wondering.... how come you have to split the bodywork ???

Surely it should fit well ?

ReMan - 3/11/05 at 10:06 PM

Don't start

Ben_Copeland - 3/11/05 at 10:08 PM

Guess i missed something

Would have thought that MK would by now have perfect fit on everything ?!!

locoboy - 3/11/05 at 10:29 PM

Not so it would seem. The rear GRP section has been a common ballache for many many builders.

Also roll bar diagonal brace not allowing one of the top harness mounting bolts to fit in the mounting.

Hellfire - 3/11/05 at 11:58 PM

The reason we split the RP in two places was purely due to personal taste. It also makes mounting the number plate easier and mounting our central fog light. It also keeps the theme of the roll bar rear stays.

Both our RP's were tapered. IIRC wider at the top than at the bottom... if you use a central join the RP top line isn't straight.

The choice is yours ultimately. Have fun!

Triton - 4/11/05 at 08:44 AM

They are all the same pretty much, perhaps not all in the same place but there is some fiddling non the less.....7's!!!

Hellfire - 4/11/05 at 12:20 PM

Yep agreed. No matter which manufacturer you choose, there is always some fiddling to do with the GRP