Board logo

problem with steering rack exhaust.
schnelle bak - 22/6/06 at 07:32 PM

I fitted the engine today, it looks like there is to little space between the engine and the steering rack to fit the exhaust, wish I lived in the Uk then the steering would be on the right site, but that isn't an option in the netherlands. Rescued attachment CIMG0867.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG0867.JPG

schnelle bak - 22/6/06 at 07:35 PM

Any thoughts how to fix it, I thought off making a bracket to lower the steering rack, but because I still don't have the exhaust, so don't know how much.

I have a choise between the zx9r exhaust form MK or Stuart taylor...my question is will the stuart taylor fit for an MK and wich one is better quality..

schnelle bak - 22/6/06 at 07:57 PM

Here an other pic.. Rescued attachment CIMG0865.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG0865.JPG

schnelle bak - 22/6/06 at 07:59 PM

pic form the front Rescued attachment CIMG0862.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG0862.JPG

scoop - 22/6/06 at 08:03 PM

Christ that looks tight. Only two options really, tip the engine or use more uj's or both (i know thats three)
Steve.

martyn_16v - 22/6/06 at 09:57 PM

Is there any chance of shifting the whole engine over a bit (not tilting it upright, but moving it across as it is)? I can't help thinking that once the driver is sat in it that's a lot of weight all in one side of the car.

matt_claydon - 23/6/06 at 07:35 AM

I see your problem - you've gone and put the steering wheel on the wrong side

marc n - 23/6/06 at 01:43 PM

we use a two part linkage on ours with a centre bearing mounted on the chassis, will try and find some pics and post to give you an idea of a possible option

if you have plenty of foot room how about dropping the column beraing housing lower in the bulkhead

best regards

marc

badding - 23/6/06 at 09:27 PM

Yes I was thinking about the same for dropping the bearing house a bit lower.
Are there any standard bearing houses on the market for my steering wheel, or do I have to fabricate something myself??