Board logo

MY Indy *Finished*
Kriss - 26/5/08 at 11:47 AM

Hey guys,

What do you all think of my MK Indy? I am so happy with the colour and the wheel combo is brilliant.

Just awaitng the final bits to be fitted after its SVA on the 29th.

Carbon Exhuast Can
Carbon Rear Stone Guards
Carbon Front Arches
Carbon Aero Screen
AB Performance Electric Reverse.
Little Carbon Mirrors.

I really cannot wait now, my friends MegaBusa is getting its plates tomorrow and if mine passes, the BEC Centre are delivering on the 3rd! Excited isnt the word - looks just how I wanted it.

Description
Description

Description
Description

5PW R1 with TRT and sump baffle btw

Cheers

Chris

eccsmk - 26/5/08 at 11:50 AM

top work!
really nice looking car

TimC - 26/5/08 at 11:50 AM

I'm sure we all wish you well. It's certainly not following the crowd, which is a very good thing.

blueskate - 26/5/08 at 11:53 AM

looks good! I saw your car the other day in the shop, looks better in person. Hopefully chris can get mine finished soon! The colour i've chosen is about as far removed from yours as you can get

Mr Whippy - 26/5/08 at 12:01 PM

Rudy - 26/5/08 at 12:03 PM

Very wonderful ! the color is great and it seems very weel put togheter.

Kriss - 26/5/08 at 12:03 PM

do you approve mister whippy?

cheers for comments, so far, hats of the BEC centre

BenB - 26/5/08 at 12:14 PM

Nice
Understated. But nice

tjoh84 - 26/5/08 at 12:27 PM

hope all goes well for you! looks good

Mr Whippy - 26/5/08 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
do you approve mister whippy?

oh yes, can't see a thing to change, nice work

Daimo_45 - 26/5/08 at 01:14 PM

Like the colour!

Snap-off - 26/5/08 at 06:04 PM

Very nice!
Excellent choice of colours etc!

Jubal - 26/5/08 at 07:08 PM

quote:

Save your praise till it passes and you've fully inspected it to your satisfaction. Good press ought to be properly justified.

Kriss - 26/5/08 at 10:07 PM

totally agree with you Derick. Thats why I purely said, "so far, hats off".

The last few visits I have made though I have been more than impressed with the quality of the work, detail and explination as to whats next etc.

I cant wait to see it in the flesh and have a good nose around though.

Cheers all

Jubal - 27/5/08 at 08:18 AM

Yeah, I see how you put it now My opinions are known but I sincerely hope your car, with him starting from a blank canvas and all, is spot on. There are absolutely no excuses in that situation.

tjoh84 - 27/5/08 at 04:47 PM

im with you jubal lets hope he puts water in the engine before running it up

welderman - 27/5/08 at 09:27 PM

have i missed some thing here.

tjoh84 - 27/5/08 at 09:56 PM

loads but cant put link to my prev post as got told off lol

[Edited on 103131p://0123 by tjoh84]

Jubal - 27/5/08 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
have i missed some thing here.

I am reading between the lines but it doesn't make a good story

welderman - 28/5/08 at 08:57 AM

it's sad news aint it, im fully up to date now.

Jubal - 28/5/08 at 09:52 PM

Back on topic, let's hope no last minute problems for Kriss's car this time. Everyone will be interested to hear about the result tomorrow!

Kriss - 29/5/08 at 11:00 AM

Bad news, but nothing too bad.

Emissions
Rear Brakes too strong
No Security device

Not sure what more can be done about the emissions apart from wind back the fuel pressure, (what we did on my friends megabusa last week)

Chris feels a decent run will sort the rear brake issue, and fitting a battery cut off on the battery tray will tick the security box.

Not much more I can tell you guys. Could have been worse, lets hope it gets a retest and passes soon!

Jubal - 29/5/08 at 12:16 PM

No, pity. It's a shame on the security thing. That's a known requirement and if you're doing this for a living it's not something you should fail on. The emissions is a toughie but again, it's a known target and there's any number of MOT places who will test it for you before SVA. Are you running a PC and a cat? There must be someone on here with an SVA friendly map for an R1.

The brakes issue is unlikely to sort itself with a "good run". It needs fixing, maybe a bias adjuster is needed? Plus, are you sure they're bled up correctly? Mine were in a very poor way when I got the car back from there and had to be redone.

tks - 30/5/08 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
No, pity. It's a shame on the security thing. That's a known requirement and if you're doing this for a living it's not something you should fail on. The emissions is a toughie but again, it's a known target and there's any number of MOT places who will test it for you before SVA. Are you running a PC and a cat? There must be someone on here with an SVA friendly map for an R1.

The brakes issue is unlikely to sort itself with a "good run". It needs fixing, maybe a bias adjuster is needed? Plus, are you sure they're bled up correctly? Mine were in a very poor way when I got the car back from there and had to be redone.

I don't know if you bother but you are just
showing us from wich kind of wood you are from....

i think that if the car fails, then something was wrong with that part, it doesn't neccecary mean it wasn't present in the car....

anyway it are your words....

Jubal - 31/5/08 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tks
I don't know if you bother but you are just
showing us from wich kind of wood you are from....

i think that if the car fails, then something was wrong with that part, it doesn't neccecary mean it wasn't present in the car....

anyway it are your words....

Maybe something is lost in the translation? I don't know what is so unreasonable about expecting a professional to know the rules of his trade?

welderman - 31/5/08 at 10:15 PM

rather than pussy foot around, is some one just going to tell all, come on.
Wonder if i would get banned again?.

Hellfire - 31/5/08 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tjoh84
sorry to hear about te car mabee the 5th date will be right and get a pass

Am i reading this right? Has it been to SVA 4 times already?

Phil

TimC - 1/6/08 at 10:20 AM

Surely not? 'Demolition Darby' strikes again?

Jubal - 1/6/08 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Surely not? 'Demolition Darby' strikes again?

LOL, at the name, not the situation!

Kriss - 1/6/08 at 09:25 PM

only one SVA visit.

1) double booked
2) sized drive shaft/bearing
3) food poisoning
4) fail

probably best ignoring/deleting this topic, when the car is ready its ready. lets leave it at that, found that NOTHING in this industry is easy, but I am sure the car will be worth waiting for.

before i hear/read any comments about it taking so long, i have had my money offered back in more than one occasion as i didnt want to wait this long. problem is, with a car looking this good (my words) i can wait a tad longer if need be.

Jubal - 2/6/08 at 09:09 AM

quote:
probably best ignoring/deleting this topic, when the car is ready its ready. lets leave it at that, found that NOTHING in this industry is easy, but I am sure the car will be worth waiting for.

I think the only easy bit is the community, places like this. It's hard to not get the help you need on here.

Kriss - 2/6/08 at 09:39 AM

Yeah Derek, I have to admit the guys on here have been brill and I thank you all now for your concern advise etc.

Youa ll know who you are and I really do appreciate it.

Will see how the visit goes on Saturday.

Cheers

Kriss