Board logo

S.V.A
smudge88 - 5/6/09 at 09:07 PM

Well I have done it. Passed the S.V.A (Third go) but I have a MAC certificate. went to the DVLA today, as I generated my chassis number they told me, that was wrong, so I now have to grind of my old number and put the new one on :-(

Find some receipts for materials fill out the forms and wait for an inspection, and then enjoy whats taken 8 years of my life

Laters

Grant

Dangle_kt - 5/6/09 at 09:12 PM

well done!

Hellfire - 5/6/09 at 09:16 PM

Grinding off your old chassis number and replacing with a new one is a small price to pay to get your car on the road. Besides, it's taken you 8 years to get this far so a few more weeks shouldn't matter too much

In all seriousness though, congratulations on passing SVA and even bigger congratulations for seeing the build through. I'm sure I'd have given in long before now......

Phil

chris_smith - 5/6/09 at 09:16 PM

well done, sounds like the same problem with chassis number as i had

chris

Guinness - 5/6/09 at 09:24 PM

It still amazes me that different DVLA offices apply the rules in different ways

My Viz Top Tip is as follows:-

1. Make up a 17 digit chassis number
  2. Send that to VOSA when you apply for an SVA / IVA
  3. VOSA write back to you with an SVA / IVA date, on that letter, in black and white, is typed the chassis number you gave them
  4. Pass the SVA / IVA.
  5. Your MAC should have your chassis number on it!
  6. Take the letter from VOSA and the MAC to the DVLA
  7. DVLA read the letter from VOSA and assume that, as it's there in black and white from another govt agency, that your number must be right

Tis what I did at Gosforth!

Cheers

Mike

ReMan - 5/6/09 at 09:30 PM

^^^^^^^^^^
Thats it I reckon too

Humbug - 5/6/09 at 09:43 PM

Since it is DVLA who actually register the car, my top tip is to ask DVLA about the VIN first and get their agreement before applying for IVA. The MAC will have the number in black and white, but it will already be one that the DVLA agree to.

bob - 5/6/09 at 10:10 PM

Looking in your photo archive that is what i call a proper book car, well done with your build.

You need to u2u robocog who is also in gosport and have a run up to newlands corner now.

Hellfire - 5/6/09 at 10:45 PM

Great looking car and well worth the wait

Phil

DavidM - 6/6/09 at 08:10 AM

Well done!

David

BenB - 6/6/09 at 11:24 AM

Nice car

I wouldn't grind off the old VIN number on the basis that the MAC pertains to the old VIN number. Are they really going to accept a MAC for a car with a different MAC??? I expect they'll say yes until you grind it off then they'll decide it's a problem!!!

David Jenkins - 6/6/09 at 11:53 AM

I wrote a letter to my local DVLA office in Ipswich to ask what forms I need to fill in (it was just an excuse to get myself known).

In the same letter I said that I planned to use my own VIN, wrote my proposal on the letter, and asked if it was OK.

Shortly after I got a heap of forms, an introductory leaflet and a letter saying that the VIN was fine.

The chassis number was about the only thing that the DVLA man inspected when he looked at my car - although I had swamped him with a 4" stack of neatly sorted receipts!

Congratulations on the pass - have fun (but take it easy for a while).

[Edited on 6/6/09 by David Jenkins]