Board logo

Showing my age (bike want!)
ReMan - 27/4/12 at 10:11 PM

Remember these, think I only ever saw one in their day!
FANTIC CHOPPER 125 | eBay
Would love to own it, but I'd look a royal cock riding it now

[Edited on 28/4/12 by ReMan]

Daddylonglegs - 28/4/12 at 08:08 AM

My want back in 'the day' was a Honda 750 K3 4 into 4 but after a failed search I ended up with a Norton Commando! Not a lot of difference eh?

Always fancied getting a Monkey bike but at 6' 4" it migfht not be a good move

mad-butcher - 28/4/12 at 08:15 AM

Always wanted a "Slippery Sam" replica, really should start rebuilding my trials cub but been saying that for the past 14 years

[Edited on 28/4/12 by mad-butcher]

steve m - 28/4/12 at 08:44 AM

"My want back in 'the day' was a Honda 750 K3 4 into 4 but after a failed search I ended up with a Norton Commando! Not a lot of difference eh? "

Bloody hell, so did i !!

But at 5'4" tall i could not safetly ride a 750 honda, so i bought a Norton Commando as well! reg on mine was TPO 27M
it was an 850 mk2 interstate, I then bought a goldwing, and after 6 weeks dropped it, at around 100mph on a bend on the A23

Bike was a write off, but apart from gravel burns and gravel in me, i was fine

My bike days pretty well ended there,

Daddylonglegs - 28/4/12 at 08:56 AM

SPOOKY!!

Mine was a MkIII 850, JPR 815N ended up part-xing for a car as it had split barrels and other issues and I did not have anything like the knowledge I have now about engines so let it go after over 4 years . How stupid am I? would be worth several grand in good nick now!

Then went back after a couple of years to a Kawasaki GPX750 then on to my last (sold just before XMAS last year) Honda VFR750 which I had for 11 years.

Now I will have to get my rush with kit cars

steve m - 28/4/12 at 08:59 AM

A mk3, with the non working electric start !
The monkey bile would of been ideal for me

dlatch - 28/4/12 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Always fancied getting a Monkey bike but at 6' 4" it migfht not be a good move

Do it!!!

Daddylonglegs - 28/4/12 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
A mk3, with the non working electric start !

Yep but mine was an X-police bike and they removed the starters from them. Only took me 2 almost cracked ankles to get the hang of kickstarting the beast! Once you remembered to tickle the carbs (waits for the puns ) then it would start in any weather within a couple of kicks.

Still got some piccies somewhere, I'll see if I can't put them on here.

Pictures added:

Norton1
Norton1

Norton2
Norton2

Norton3
Norton3

[Edited on 29/4/12 by Daddylonglegs]