Board logo

Cheapest source of Megasquirt kit delivered to UK?
alistairolsen - 21/4/11 at 03:28 PM

I'd like to purchase a Megasquirt Kit to build (V3 main board and MS2 if it makes any difference and wondered if anyone had experience with either a Uk supplier or shipping from the states.

Cheers

phoenix70 - 21/4/11 at 03:34 PM

Got mine from DIY Autotune in the states. Easy transaction and it arrived fine, just remember you will have to pay import duty on it.

Cheers

Scott

matt_gsxr - 21/4/11 at 03:46 PM

diy autotune are the cheapest.

Import duty is the same as VAT but you get stung for a further £8 handling fee by parcel farce.

StuartBJ - 21/4/11 at 03:57 PM

I cannot stress this enough, use Phil Ringwood (07789681249) from extra EFI. He know`s his stuff and his work is top notch and will bend over backwards to help with issues. He provided my V12 unit.

Do your research (a quick google), one UK based supplier is reknown for bad work. Its not either of the suppliers mentioned above.

coozer - 21/4/11 at 04:26 PM

Another vote for Phil. Theres no such thing as 'cheap' when it comes to these. What you need is a well built tested box that you can be confident with.

No point regretting your cheepo buy later on.

matt_gsxr - 21/4/11 at 04:31 PM

Phil is great if you want a pre-built unit, his service is excellent and he is a nice guy.

If you don't mind building it yourself then diy autotune are cheaper, its just a fact.

coyoteboy - 21/4/11 at 05:03 PM

diyautotune for me too, but I'm more than capable of assembling it properly

ashg - 21/4/11 at 07:14 PM

got mine from diy auto tune. work have an office in atlanta so i popped in one afternoon when i was over there. they have a really cool setup and are a nice bunch of guys.

if you want one prebuilt extraefi is the place to go in the uk but i dont think phil sells them in kit form if you want to make your own.

[Edited on 21/4/2011 by ashg]