Board logo

6th gear experiences
JoelP - 2/7/10 at 08:27 PM

i had a driving day bought from this company, thought id just mention some good customer service. They let me book my day even though the voucher expired last week. Id have slagged them off if they hadnt let me, so i may as well mention how nice they were as they could easily have told me to pi55 off!

So thumbs up here.

Ps im driving the atom at elvington on 12th aug

Ninehigh - 2/7/10 at 09:30 PM

Do they do porsche days?

bracey - 2/7/10 at 11:26 PM

i drove a lambo there through them and was very dissapointed ,,, very reigned in and short ,,car was poor aswell ,but after driving a seven a lambo bit heavy and clumbersome .was not impressed they make you short shift etc

andrew-theasby - 2/7/10 at 11:41 PM

Did that exact same experience with them last month.Great fun but you do have to ignore the instructor a bit. Not that i think im the greatest driver in the world, or even better than their instructors, he was telling me i should be lifting off a few seconds before i braked which annoyed me, and also when i got confident and pushed it a bit he said id gone too fast! Surely too fast is on the grass and also they said to only use 4th and 5th, which is fine for the first lap while you get use to it, but give it some after that and youll enjoy it im sure. You dont get long enough to get kicked off for braking the rules. Unless you spin....

JoelP - 3/7/10 at 06:41 AM

when i did a gallardo last year, they were quite happy for me to give it full beans!

smudge88 - 3/7/10 at 06:44 AM

I have found that too, done a few driving days and the best experience is in the single seaters.
No one to tell you how to drive and more responsive than my seven

Regards

GMPMotorsport - 3/7/10 at 07:13 AM

most instructors will let you drive as fast as you want to go, the only time we tell you to slow down is if we believe your driving beyond your capabilities.