Board logo

Good day in the garage. anyone else?
Norfolkluegojnr - 30/11/13 at 09:19 PM

A good day today - cambelt change (my first one on an mx5), new pulleys, aux belt change and new drop links.

anyone else have a productive day?

daniel mason - 30/11/13 at 09:27 PM

i changed the 2 lower rear wishbones on the radical after a sheared bolt the other week. a bit of faffing around and nearly £400 lighter but i still enjoyed myself!

myke pocock - 30/11/13 at 09:36 PM

About as productive as a eunoch in a brothel. Trying to make a remote for my Type 9 and its all going t*ts up at the mo!!!!

madteg - 30/11/13 at 09:41 PM

Fitted windscreen and wipers. wire up tomorrow and start hardtop roof with gull wing doors.

Andybarbet - 30/11/13 at 09:57 PM

Madteg, we need a new thread if you are going to make a hardtop, sounds very interesting :-)

joneh - 30/11/13 at 10:07 PM

I replaced the fan relay unit on my Vectra as the engine management light kept coming on, which Vauxhall insist is an MOT failure.

I put a new one on, but upon inspection of the old one I found a preserved dead moth connection both the coils together! Tempted to clean it up and put it back on to see if it fixes it interesting to think that this moth could have cost me hundreds in diagnostics hadn't I done the pedal test

Slimy38 - 30/11/13 at 10:35 PM

I now have a full set of 16 outer tubes, with the bushes and crush tubes temporarily fitted inside them. I can soon start building up the jigs and then make the wishbones!

Norfolkluegojnr - 30/11/13 at 10:46 PM

Well done chaps. Lets have some pics of progress.

scutter - 30/11/13 at 10:53 PM

Description
Description

I've been doing the same as Slimy38, well one step further. Making another set of lower rear wishbones for the roadster, Just a few more crossbraces to add.

ATB Dan.

nick205 - 1/12/13 at 12:09 AM

I vacuumed SWMBO's MPV and refilled the washer bottle

Smoking Frog - 1/12/13 at 12:12 AM

Not worth sharing really but repaired the vacuum cleaner, sorry no pics. The upside is I can funnel the money saved into the kit.

Badger_McLetcher - 1/12/13 at 12:29 AM

Managed to fix my mates airsoft SMLE and got the rear tubes welded in on my chassis. Just a couple more tubes, shear panels and the floors to do then the chassis is finished

PSpirine - 1/12/13 at 12:50 AM

I put some recently purchased (from ebay) lambswool overmats into the Rolls and put winter tyres/wheels onto the Prius

Duncan36 - 1/12/13 at 06:09 AM

My garage had a tidy after the GTR was picked up by its new owners

On the upside, I'm now wide awake and too excited to sleep as today is the day I pick up my new Spire GT3

Peteff - 1/12/13 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
I put some recently purchased (from ebay) lambswool overmats into the Rolls and put winter tyres/wheels onto the Prius

Is it the butler's day off ?

nick205 - 1/12/13 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine

Is it the butler's day off ?

He is the butler

coozer - 1/12/13 at 05:25 PM

Went in the garage to look for the yard brush, came out with it in hand very impressed.

Really really need to get on with the jeep! In the meantime off out for some cider!

slingshot2000 - 1/12/13 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
In the meantime off out for some cider!

Should we take it that you still haven't found a handy Mainland source of Killkenny then ?

We could still go on a day-trip to Kings Cross and sample a belly full in the smoke, if your up for a day out on the p1ss !

Regards
Jon

coozer - 1/12/13 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
In the meantime off out for some cider!

Should we take it that you still haven't found a handy Mainland source of Killkenny then ?

We could still go on a day-trip to Kings Cross and sample a belly full in the smoke, if your up for a day out on the p1ss !

Regards
Jon

No luck with the Killkenny up here, even that stupid new southerner in Perth gets it fooking on the other side of the planet. DOH

I can see the O'Niells across the road from St Pancreas station which had it on draught the last time I was there (Also thats where I discovered it in the first place!)

I'm up for a night out down there!

daniel mason - 1/12/13 at 05:56 PM

even better day today! new shelf and tyre rack made and installed on my new trailer. no more filling the volvo to the brim with junk.i can stick it all in the trailer

Brett Jones - 1/12/13 at 07:36 PM

Fitted my sump back on after getting the sump baffle welded in, however it did take me 5 hours to fit it.

T66 - 1/12/13 at 07:58 PM

Made the upper engine/cab bulkhead today -

Duncan36 - 1/12/13 at 08:02 PM

Better for me to. I picked up my GT3 kit and am now reading everything before starting the build. I've rebuilt a nd restored lots of race cars before, but this will be my first complete build from new and I can't wait (although slightly nervous)

daniel mason - 1/12/13 at 08:10 PM

how do the gtr an gt3 differ?

Duncan36 - 1/12/13 at 09:17 PM

It's a totally different chassis and bodywork. Inbound dampers, better aero, slightly longer wheelbase and a fair bit quicker around the track. I can't tell you how different it is to drive yet, but in a few months I should be able to. Just got to build it first lol

[Edited on 1/12/13 by Duncan36]