Board logo

Standard Bearing Sizes?
dhutch - 10/6/11 at 03:19 PM

Just wondering if there is a table of standard, or more common bearing sizes?

From time to time (including this weekend) I make something which contains some rolling element bearigns which i buy from the local shop, typically a case of 'i want something about so big, what have you got' but it has been know for me to then stuggle a year or so down the line when i want some more or some replacements of the same size.

A common fave which i think will get pushed into service for this weekends job is the 8mm ID 22mm od and 7mm width size as used on skateboard the world over. This is a fairly random choice left over from a 'needs must' type application but atleast they are avilable all over the place in a half decent grade rubber sealed form and typically fairly deep-groove which makes them pretty flexable in there use!

Daniel

[Edited on 10/6/2011 by dhutch]

llionellis - 10/6/11 at 03:36 PM

I usually look here http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?newlink=first&lang=en

Neville Jones - 10/6/11 at 04:17 PM

Anything in whole mm's for bore, diameter and width is common.

Imperials tend to be tenths of the inch, and less so fractions.

Cheers,
nev.

Myke 2463 - 10/6/11 at 06:16 PM

Hi Daniel.

The bearing 8 x 22 x 7 is a 608 2rs ( 2rs = 2 rubber seals) any bearing stockist should have loads on the shelf.

You Have E-Mail.

[Edited on 10/6/11 by Myke 2463]

Chippy - 10/6/11 at 10:17 PM

I use these people, seem to carry just about any size bearings, plus seals etc. HTH Ray
Bearings here