Board logo

anyone know about workshop sheds
daniel mason - 24/2/12 at 08:30 PM

am after a small-ish wooden workshop shed to store all my tools etc and get them out of my dads garage.
needs to be quite sturdy, enough head heigh to stand up in. and about 10' x 8' in dimensions. anyone know where to buy one cheap?

nick205 - 24/2/12 at 08:47 PM

If you're looking to store tools, then a garden shed is not a good idea fro a security angle. Screwfix and the like offer metal sheds which will be easier to secure although more likely to suffer condensation. Also consider where you will site the shed, you need to think in terms of a decent concrete base slab raised an inch or so proud of the ground.

All the usual places offer a range of inexpensive sheds to choose from....Wickes, B&Q, Homebase, Jewson, Travis Perkins, Buildbase etc. However you might get a better quality shed direct from a sawmill. There's one local to us who offer a good range at sensible prices and actually care about what they sell unlike the big warehouse stores.

McLannahan - 24/2/12 at 08:54 PM

I bought mine from the yard of a conservatory and shed place. It was one of their demo sheds. Saved loads of money and years later it's still lasting well.

daniel mason - 24/2/12 at 09:18 PM

ive already got one shed but its old and starting to rot. security is not a problem really.

theconrodkid - 24/2/12 at 09:50 PM

i was looking for one,came across this place
http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Plastic-Sheds/Duramax-Vinyl-Garage

i was thinking of a new garage,seem cheap enough

LoMoss - 24/2/12 at 09:58 PM

To get a bit more head room I ran some 5"x2" around the top of the sides before I put the roof on. Also made a centre ridge support from Gypframe 'C' Stud. This allows you to run cables through it and fix fluorescent lights. Also insulated it with 25mm kingspan and covered that with 3mm ply

Just for the added bit of future proofing I ran cat5e along with the wire armour.

Hope this inspires you

Moss

se7en - 25/2/12 at 12:10 AM

Tesco Direct

gazza285 - 25/2/12 at 12:13 AM

Local paper. Keep your eyes out for an unwanted sectional garage, make it as big as you want.