Board logo

Pesky theives......
Jon Ison - 11/1/05 at 02:34 PM

Chuffin mice had all me nik naks n walkers cheese n onion, the iccle buggers have open'd every bag instead of one at a time.......

well they aint comin back, just made an ally cover for stop tap n water meter.... bet next thing is they chew thru dishwasher cable.........

yup southern jessies, we have got leccy up here.....

James - 11/1/05 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

next thing is they chew thru dishwasher cable.........

yup southern jessies, we have got leccy up here.....

Blimey! Electricity as well as Nik Naks!

James

indykid - 11/1/05 at 03:09 PM

i've got rats, or maybe squirrels in the garage, not that i've ever seen one.

thing is, they like to eat the carpet, and coke bottles, and a block of pool chalk.

apparently, they're not that fussy, little buggers

now where's that air rifle
tom

Peteff - 11/1/05 at 03:45 PM

My mate George had rats in his workshop and they ate the carbolic soap . I'm not arguing with anything that tough.

Rob Lane - 11/1/05 at 04:40 PM

My son has a spare car stood in paddock that he intended to 'fix up'. It's a nice little Fiat Siecento Abarth Sporting with lots of shiny bits.

He went across the other day and the nice likkle mices have chewed up his blue 4 point harnesses and eaten the headrests on the Abarth seats down to a frame.
They had then built a nice round nest with the sound insulation in the engine bay.
They've done about 250 pounds worth of damage.

rusty nuts - 11/1/05 at 08:32 PM

Try a piece of Mars bar in a mouse trap, works every time . Don't bother with cheese that doesn't

Peteff - 11/1/05 at 09:18 PM

She'll be able to get away from the sink then.Chocolate or plain peanuts work well, but Jons seem to prefer something a bit stronger Stick to plain crisps till they move next door I reckon. We had a plague of them here just after we moved in 20 years ago, couldn't empty the traps fast enough. The record was 5 in an hour one night while we were watching telly.

[Edited on 11/1/05 by Peteff]

David Jenkins - 11/1/05 at 09:41 PM

My son works for a company that makes, amongst other things, various 'strengths' of rodent poison. Starts at the sort of thing you can buy in any hardware shop, right up to the stuff that pest control officers use. Top of the range is one that rats just love to eat... later on it generates phosgene gas in their guts...

Yuk...
David

Simon - 12/1/05 at 12:00 AM

Chap I used to know used some stuff for (IIRC) worming horses. Apparently you could watch them finish their grub and then die.

Another thing he did was put a clear plastic tube from their runs into the open, and once visible used a shotgun to help them on their way

ATB

Simon

Terrapin_racing - 12/1/05 at 09:51 AM

My daughters have 4 cats so I find all the local rodents dispatched & lined up on the doorstep

stevebubs - 12/1/05 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Terrapin_racing
My daughters have 4 cats so I find all the local rodents dispatched & lined up on the doorstep

yeah - cats are great for this. Ours also have a sadistic streak, though, and enjoy playing with them first.

Not long ago Debbie came home to a bird flying round the bathroom with one of the cats jumping around after it.

Benzine - 12/1/05 at 01:05 PM

My friend Dan's cat actually eats the birds and rodents. I saw it eat a starling whole once on the lawn

andyace - 12/1/05 at 03:30 PM

I was very embarassed to witness a squirrel chase my (big) cat the full length of the garden the other day.

Useless!!