Board logo

Gurgly dishwasher!!
Jumpy Guy - 5/1/06 at 09:08 PM

my dishwasher seems to have a couple of sudden problems-
1 it doesnt drain properly, so after the last cycle we had a few inches of standing water...
2 now, when you turn the power on with the door open, theres a kind of watery, gurgly, pump noise..

this second thing is strange, because it does this gurgly thing even with no cycle selected....

checked the filters, and all clear, checked the incoming water is all ok, incoming filter ok, outgoing pipe at sink u bend ok....

any ideas?? maybe pump failure on the output side??

JoelP - 5/1/06 at 09:32 PM

probably the drain pump, afterall, its got to pump a lot of shite up a fair slope

Danozeman - 5/1/06 at 09:56 PM

Mine did that very thing. Pulled it all apart cleaned it up and put it back together. Been ok since.

stevec - 5/1/06 at 11:33 PM

This happened to me last year, Xmas,turned out to be Date seeds that had got through the filter and intermitantly got stuck in the drain pump.
BUT the machine did make a bit of a straining noise.

Genesis - 6/1/06 at 01:38 AM

My dishwasher always whines, kind of best described as:

"Why do I always have to do these Dad?"

OR

"You never do 'em, why should I?"

PS Sounds like a pump problem...

Jumpy Guy - 6/1/06 at 08:51 AM

no kids available, so i have to fix the machine!!!

is this drain pump easy to get at? or did you get a bloke in to fix yours?

britishtrident - 6/1/06 at 10:03 AM

Drain filter is usually on the front at the bottom BUT even before you do that check the machine hasn't been pushed in to far towards the kitchen wall trapping the drain hose.

If the pump is gone it usually easy to get at.

rusty nuts - 6/1/06 at 10:15 AM

Someone who's manuals we all moan about do a manual on dishwashers

Dale - 6/1/06 at 12:32 PM

A common problem used to be (if your drain screen is wrecked) is that bread tie clip is stuck at the point where your drain hooks into the sink drain.
Dale
I have a similar problem with mine but it drains but never all the way so its not quite clean-