Board logo

F1 Game
greggors84 - 6/4/06 at 11:56 PM

Not sure if anyone has seen this.

www.batracer.com

Not sure about the public games, but in the private games you set up your teams, there is 2 people per team, then you have to set up the car before each practise session, quali and race. Choose your strategy and driver settings (aggression etc)

I have set up a game, there is space for another 21 people, join up, could be a laugh, when everyone is sorted we can decide how often to run the races. You choose when to start each session, so can be every 24hrs, every 2 days or whatever.

Game ID is 1019

Password is locost.

I am the first one on, chosen Renault! Anyone is welcome to be my team mate.

Oh yeah, you can share settings between drivers, so if your team mate has a set up saved just click load to pick it. Means you can optimise the 7 laps you have for practise.

Remember you only have the tyres listed for the whole race weekend, so maybe one set of softs for practice and 2 for quali, then the hards for the race.

But the choice is yours!

Let me know if you have any probs setting up.

Chris

Edit: URL was wrong, now sorted

[Edited on 7/4/2006 by greggors84]

welderman - 7/4/06 at 07:10 AM

Gone for it, Ferrari. Thought about Honda but. Button?.

Good luck.

DaveFJ - 7/4/06 at 07:49 AM

Got me Toro Rosso - gotta have some of that V10 goodness

welderman - 7/4/06 at 07:57 AM

V10, hope you've got you air flow restrictor fitted.

tks - 7/4/06 at 08:45 AM

OK its an private game uhh..

Wiliams Cosworth not that i like them but they deffo can win! With the most powerfull engine etc. we just have to wait for the win!

Tks

[Edited on 7/4/06 by tks]

richijenkin - 7/4/06 at 08:52 AM

Its in the 'Private Game' section

welderman - 7/4/06 at 10:29 AM

Yes, but you have to register first.

quattromike - 7/4/06 at 11:25 AM

Welcom to redbullville, population ME

Mike

greggors84 - 7/4/06 at 11:47 AM

We need 6 more people to join the teams already created, so if your going to join up, don't start a new team join one of the ones created.

Don't worry about the different teams, they dont make much difference really, and as you are the drivers it doesnt make a difference who they are in real life.

To join, click here http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&1019

welderman - 7/4/06 at 12:21 PM

So do you say when the race season starts.

Bernie

greggors84 - 7/4/06 at 12:47 PM

Hehe, yeah, but i'm thinking about selling the rights soon!

I decide when we start the game, the it cycles through Practice - Quali - Race - Practice - Quali etc... Each stage lasts 24hrs, but i can suspend the game, so if we decide to do a race weekend every week, or maybe two a week we can decide when we have enough people in.

welderman - 7/4/06 at 12:52 PM

I would wait until later on today or later, some chaps can't go online until they get home after tea and permission from the wife.

greggors84 - 7/4/06 at 03:21 PM

Hopefully by the end of the weekend we should have full teams, ill start it then, maybe sooner if we have enough people. Then run maybe 2 days per session, that will give everyone enough time to sort it out, it only takes about 5 mins to set the car and tatics up for each session.

ChrisJLW - 7/4/06 at 03:30 PM

Howdy, I've nabbed the Honda team. VTEC, yeah baby!

Are we running one car per team?

[Edited on 7/4/06 by ChrisJLW]

MikeR - 7/4/06 at 05:57 PM

Just tried to grab Toyota, set everything up but it wouldn't let me enter my password

AlexS - 7/4/06 at 05:58 PM

room for a little one?

MikeR - 7/4/06 at 05:59 PM

i'm a muppet, game password not my password !!!!!!!!!!

great start eh ?

greggors84 - 7/4/06 at 06:03 PM

We now have 10 people playing, but only one full team.

Doesnt really matter, but would be better if we had full teams, as then we could have a proper constructors champ going too.

So we need 8 more people to join!

Just to say the people who join from now on, can they join an existing team, so we can fill them up.

[Edited on 7/4/2006 by greggors84]

AlexS - 7/4/06 at 06:07 PM

Joined renault

greggors84 - 7/4/06 at 07:16 PM

Noticed that Alex, put a blinder of a time in too!

MikeR - 7/4/06 at 07:36 PM

git ........ as i said, i only realised how practice works once it was over. If someone joins my team i've posted my setup in the team forum so they should have a starting point.

obviously different drivers, different abilities, different setups etc.

remember, the car in front is a toyota.

greggors84 - 7/4/06 at 07:48 PM

I messed up my practice too, I think i was pushing too hard as every time i went out for testing it took 3 laps to get the data instead of the usual 1. Still got qualifying, warmup and the race yet!

16 more races after this one though!

If you save your car set up, your team mate can go to load and use your settings, so you dont have post them in team chat.

welderman - 7/4/06 at 08:02 PM

So Bernie when does the green light come on for qualifying.

[Edited on 7/4/06 by welderman]

MikeR - 7/4/06 at 09:03 PM

forget that, i want a team mate to help with the car setup!

(i'm not competitive, i just like winning)

JoelP - 7/4/06 at 09:50 PM

ive just joined mclaren how do i do it?! i think ive missed practice

greggors84 - 8/4/06 at 04:00 PM

Practice is still on Joel, just go to the link on the right, under the pic of your car and your details. If you can't see it, go to the top click on office and go to my desk.

Car set up is under garage, go to that to set your car up and you can click load to use your team mates setting and improve on that. Click test and you will go out for a lap to see how the settings are. It will update with "estimation updated" that read what it tells you and try and get the green bar under the slider as small as possible.

We still need 5 people to join existing teams to make it all even, if people are happy starting without i can. Would be better for the championship if it was all even. I know the wait is agonising!

Tell more people about it, friends family, the more the merrier!

Let me know what you think.

[Edited on 8/4/2006 by greggors84]

MikeR - 8/4/06 at 04:25 PM

I'd like even (or at least someone else to join my team) if we start with the setup i've already figured out and refine that we should have a car starting in the top 3!

But you need to join my team to see my setup!!!!

(advertising, i'm crap at it)

JoelP - 8/4/06 at 05:06 PM

i get it... im 5th for now. im in no rush to get on so whatever the majority want.

[Edited on 8/4/06 by JoelP]

welderman - 9/4/06 at 07:24 PM

Back to the top.
Anyone else interested in joining in and having al augh.

greggors84 - 9/4/06 at 08:55 PM

Doesnt seem like anyone else is going to join, shall i start the game?

When i do it will run qualifying, you will be able to see the results, then set up the car and do test runs in the warmup session. 24hrs later the race will be run, i can pause it need be.

What i will do is, if everyone has completed either the practice session or the warmup i will advance to the next session.

Let me know when everyone wants to start.

Make sure you have your qualifying strategies set up!!

JoelP - 9/4/06 at 09:40 PM

im good to go.

MikeR - 9/4/06 at 09:44 PM

mumble grumble - really wanted a team mate, do i smell or something?

lets go and race .........

(can i get someone else in after the season starts?)

AlexS - 9/4/06 at 10:04 PM

Im ready to roll (and proud of my first place...probably the only time ill have first so im enjoying it!)

greggors84 - 9/4/06 at 10:33 PM

Just started it and the first qualifying results are in!

Come on the Renault!

You can start tweaking your setup in warmup now for the race.

Make sure you get your race strategy sorted as it will advance in 24hrs, although i will pause it if people want me to.

welderman - 9/4/06 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
Just started it and the first qualifying results are in!

Come on the Renault!

You can start tweaking your setup in warmup now for the race.

Make sure you get your race strategy sorted as it will advance in 24hrs, although i will pause it if people want me to.

Nice one there mate great pole.

Wonder if it generates first corner accidents. now thats a real shitter. Good luck everyone involved, at least i don't have to get up at 5 am to watch it live.

JoelP - 10/4/06 at 11:15 AM

god im distinctly middle field in fact i had the worst qualifying time!

[Edited on 10/4/06 by JoelP]

quattromike - 10/4/06 at 01:20 PM

I musta had a problem with my qualifiying coz I only recorded 1 time Must be that ferrari engine, Knew that was a bad idea

So can ant one join as a team mate after the game has started or is that it?

Mike

welderman - 10/4/06 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by quattromike
I musta had a problem with my qualifiying coz I only recorded 1 time Must be that ferrari engine, Knew that was a bad idea

So can ant one join as a team mate after the game has started or is that it?

Mike

That engine is in the back of mine too, have you turned up the rev's.
Must be my crap set up.

greggors84 - 10/4/06 at 03:29 PM

Not sure if you can add anyone now, if anyone wants to try give it a go now as ive suspended the game at the moment, so it wont carry on straight away tonight and ive noticed some people havent done a warmup session yet.

quattromike - 10/4/06 at 03:57 PM

No I don't think anyone can join once the game has started
Nevermind mabey we can get more people to join the next time i word gets about.

Mike

jos - 10/4/06 at 04:20 PM

can i join, pretty please

MikeR - 10/4/06 at 06:24 PM

yes - try joining toyota, the only team to be on top of the game immediately. My car is already performing at the maximum .......

no mention please that its not the fastest and the only reason its at max is cause of lucky setup and no one in the team to go faster.

AlexS - 10/4/06 at 07:47 PM

So are we racing at 10 tonight?Have to start thinkin of an excuse to leave the missus watching her chick flick downstairs while i sit and enjoy the racing

MikeR - 10/4/06 at 10:51 PM

looks like we've not raced - was quite excited to see what lap i crashed out on

greggors84 - 10/4/06 at 11:09 PM

Sorry about that, i paused it to see if anyone else could join and then went to work, just got back and looks like they cant join!

Just restarted it, so the race has advanced, you dont watch the race live so it didnt really matter when i did this, i thought 12:00 am was as good a time as any.

You can read the race reports lap by lap, so you can watch it unfold as it happens and watch what happens to you. Its not all 57 laps though as something doesnt happen every lap.

As for other people, we can always start a touring car champs to run along side, you can make your own teams and liverys in that one.

greggors84 - 10/4/06 at 11:46 PM

Wow what a race!!

welderman - 11/4/06 at 07:01 AM

What a race, reading that lot was fun.
Well done by the way, 50 odd laps in front.

JoelP - 11/4/06 at 07:32 AM

bugger

jos - 11/4/06 at 07:35 AM

The game has already started so I'm not allowed to join boo hoo.

Ive joined another game and have jsut finished Warmup in preparation for the first race in Bahrain.

quattromike - 11/4/06 at 08:21 AM

Whoo hoo Finnished second well chuffed
Mike

ChrisJLW - 11/4/06 at 09:59 AM

Bah, transmission failure on lap 2. It's supposed to be a Honda not a Mitsubishi!

greggors84 - 11/4/06 at 11:42 AM

Don't worry, another 16 races to go!

jos - 11/4/06 at 01:02 PM

So what settings did the super aguris use and how well did they get on in the race. Reason for asking is that was the only team left over when I looked to join a game and Ive qualified 17th in my super aguri

greggors84 - 11/4/06 at 05:28 PM

We havent got any super aguris in our championship.

It doesnt seem to make loads of difference what car your in (says him in the Renault), we had a williams and mclaren at the bottom of the results.

Having a team mate is a definate advantage as you get twice the amount of runs to tweak the setup as long as you share it.

MikeR - 11/4/06 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
looks like we've not raced - was quite excited to see what lap i crashed out on

I don't believe it!!!!!!!! I was actually joking and what happens, from third place i crash out!

Doh. I tell you when i get my hands on my driver i'm going to kick his arse from this end of the paddock to the other!

He'd better get third of better in the next race or his contract might not get renewed next season!

welderman - 11/4/06 at 08:33 PM

Who's staying up to watch the race live,

MikeR - 11/4/06 at 09:30 PM

what time does it start, is it on ITV ?

MikeR - 11/4/06 at 09:36 PM

(just worked out its midnight .......)

is it done in real time ? might stay up for the first 10 minutes or so.....

ye gods, i'm sad but i'm enjoying this. Anyone know of any race teams who need an inexperienced race principle?

welderman - 11/4/06 at 11:10 PM

Well im happy starting second on the grid, off to bed. Start your engines, this is great.

greggors84 - 12/4/06 at 12:10 AM

Sad to say its not done in real time, it was only the qualifying anyway tonight.

Its quite good reading through lap by lap when you dont know the result though.

MikeR - 12/4/06 at 12:36 PM

damn it, went to bed last night and can't access the site via work - they claim its got something to do with games!!!!

anyone know the final qualifying positions?

greggors84 - 12/4/06 at 01:03 PM

Here u go, just pasted off the site, the ones with no time set will have crashed or had mechanical failure.

1 Chris Gregory Renault 1:32.175
2 Joe Hilton Ferrari +0.059
3 Alex Stuart Renault +0.217
4 Alan Davies Ferrari +0.315
5 Mike Stewart Red Bull +0.555
6 Chris Worrall Honda +0.899
7 Michael Rankin Toyota +1.507
8 Richi Jenkin Midland +1.880
9 Joel Patrick +2.891
10 Kev Ridgard McLaren +3.507
11 Dave Thef Toro Rosso +3.694

No Time Set
12 Walter Schreur Williams
13 Mark Jenkin Midland

MikeR - 12/4/06 at 01:22 PM

7th - bugger .... good to see ferrari giving reanult a run for the money.

welderman - 12/4/06 at 03:02 PM

Bloody Renault,. Bet my mate takes me off on turn 1, if he does will ring him up 141 tonight/morning.
Hope all goes well for the rest of you tonight, think i might stay up. This is very addictive is'nt it.

AlexS - 12/4/06 at 05:45 PM

phew i thought it was jus me who was gettin really into it and trying to get all my mates to join!nail biting, cant believe i cheered outloud when i saw a renault appear top in practice lol

MikeR - 12/4/06 at 06:21 PM

I know how eddie jordan feels..........

grrr, my drivers, my car ...... nothings good enough, need an extra man to help out with the testing etc.

AlexS - 12/4/06 at 06:57 PM

Yeah i think with a full set of teams it would be massively more competitive cos everyone would be really pushing for 100% settings, even when one person makes a mistake your teammate can get a few good laps in to help your settings, definately will get a full set next time though im sure 13 rave reviews must encourage everyone else!only take 5 mins a day!

jos - 12/4/06 at 06:59 PM

Id join in next time round as I missed out the last time

jos - 13/4/06 at 03:12 PM

Ive just bough kool tools but I thought for an extra 2 quid i get advertsing space as well so Ive done that.

Can you guys tell me whether there is an orange square with the letter J in it that links to www.m1moc.com that appears on the left hand border 7 rows down from the top (in line ish with BATRACER) please.

If so, thats my advert - whoopie

[Edited on 13/4/06 by jos]

MikeR - 13/4/06 at 05:17 PM

Just seen the square!

I tell you what, having a team mate must make life a LOT easier!!!!!!!!!!!

crashed out again on testing (trying too hard to get a good setup) which has totally stuffed me now. Grrrrrrrr

another race i'm going to mess up So happy with the point from the first race tho especially as i've now seen a bit that tells you about tyres so i know what to expect from them instead of guessing.

quattromike - 13/4/06 at 05:59 PM

Where is the bit about the tires i look but couldn't find it?
I was on the phone today with the main man Cristian Horner , An he was just giving me some guidence about the master plan to rule the f1 world, any way I agreed with what he said about As long as you can be with or above the feraris I'd be doing ok coz they are the only team That I should be trying to beat, Due of course to the fact that wee share the same engine, so far this season I think I'm doing ok

Mike
Mike

jos - 13/4/06 at 07:57 PM

Nice one cheers mike.

Yes having a team mate does make life easier except for when you team mate lives in Brazil and doesnt come online until after youve already done your practise, qual & warmup laps. I, of course, give him my setups to develop further and in our race, driving super aguris, weve qualified 7th & 8th and in the warmup he was the 3rd fastest & I was 8th

greggors84 - 13/4/06 at 10:20 PM

If you go to lap analysis after the race has taken place. Its one of the options when you watch the race lap by lap. It shows you how much your tyres have worn during the race.

jos - 14/4/06 at 07:09 AM

Nooooooo.....Its not working for me this morning - I cant find out how I did in the race overnight. Anybody else having problems??/

quattromike - 14/4/06 at 07:21 AM

Yeah I'm having problems too must be maintainence or sumit

jos - 14/4/06 at 07:36 AM

AAARRRRRGGGHHHH

"Website Down

We are currently working on the web server. The service will return in 5 minutes.

Current Time: 07:36:01

[ Retry ]"

Boooooooo hooooooo

jos - 14/4/06 at 07:54 AM

Phew, - back online again.

JoelP - 14/4/06 at 09:46 AM

p4 from qualifying!

MikeR - 14/4/06 at 11:28 AM

Well got the car setup - except my 4th lap was faster than my final lap. Didn't save the settings so ......... i've tweeked them again and got to hope.

Do people think my final lap was just a fluke or that my settings really have dropped?

Oooh, worried now....... what to do. (you know next time i'm going to make a note of every settting before every run, see how i did and see what the revised estimate is ....... in fact i might run a spreadsheet ....... am i getting too into this?)

jos - 14/4/06 at 11:50 AM

Gutted. I was making progress in my game and got high up the order after the 3rd lap and had to pit to change tyres to intermediates. Then overcooked it on lap 16 and wiped myself out of the race.

AND I had the best setup of everybody for the race.

ARSE

MikeR - 14/4/06 at 12:55 PM

life is cruel - you had obviously told your driver to go too fast ........ therefore its your fault.

In fact have you noticed that as team principle everything is your fault ?????? not fair.

greggors84 - 14/4/06 at 01:04 PM

Mike

I have noticed that even though you improve a set up the next laptime in practice may not be quicker, this might be due to someone else on track, tyres wearing down, etc. But if you dont save a set up then change it and it has a very bad effect you can load any set up you have made.

In car set up go to load, you will notice all the tracks listed on the right, simply choose the track and it will list all the laps you made with different set ups. You can then load them from here.

MikeR - 14/4/06 at 02:31 PM

cool - thanks ........... now i've got the debate, stick with fastest lap or the "improved" setup but slower?

ooohhhhh

what to do, also do i stick with a 1, 2 or 3 stop strategy?

Obviously 3 stop means i can push more but will it be faster? So far my mechanics have been pretty quick in the pit stop .......

decisions, decisions..

(just like in real life, do i put the header tank here or there?)

greggors84 - 14/4/06 at 04:32 PM

Im trying a bit of a radical pit stop strategy, will see if it pays off.

greggors84 - 14/4/06 at 06:26 PM

Found out i can change the advance time of the game.

Does anyone want the game at a different time so you can watch the result as soon as it comes in instead of waiting till the morning. I know some people cant access it at work so are having to wait ages for it to come through.

It would mean pausing the game for until the time we wanted it to start, so say tonight before it advances i will pause it then advance it at 9pm tomorrow.

What do people think, and what would be an ideal time?

MikeR - 14/4/06 at 09:12 PM

errm, suppose 9pm at night for races etc would be good, then again 8:45 means we won't miss anything decent on the telly.

Off out to the olds tomorrow so it won't make any difference to me anyway to begin with.

greggors84 - 14/4/06 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
errm, suppose 9pm at night for races etc would be good, then again 8:45 means we won't miss anything decent on the telly.

Is that because thats when the watershed ends?

quattromike - 17/4/06 at 09:24 PM

I think the race start time has been altered again has it?

Mike

greggors84 - 17/4/06 at 09:43 PM

Yeah, i just noticed this too! Not sure why, i can pause it again if people would rather it be earlier in the evening.

EDIT: Just read that the server went down in the morning, it seems as they have had an unexpected amount of people joining the game. It will probably happy again, i am more than happy to suspend it till tomorrow, although it means you will have to wait till then for the race!

[Edited on 17/4/2006 by greggors84]

jos - 12/5/06 at 08:51 AM

Hows the game going. When you start a new one could i join in please.

pretty please

MikeR - 12/5/06 at 07:01 PM

damned well. I'm loving it. Started out poorly, i've improved but the car hasn't. Had a lot of retirements but excluding the last race i've had a 2nd and a couple of thirds. Did well last race to get a 5th from 12th

well chuffed seeing as my car's setup was really poor - its what you get for crashing in free practice before qualifying. Renault have run away with it and no one seems able to mount a decent challenge which is a shame. If we had more people (or more people in teams) it would probably be a different story.

jos - 12/5/06 at 08:10 PM

You must be nearing the end of the season soon.

greggors84 - 12/5/06 at 09:30 PM

Yeah we have 2 races to go.

Its strange that Renault have been so far ahead, the other championship i was in, they won it in the end, but it was still close, and i would say the percentage of people getting 100% set ups or close is very similar.

There is a couple more car sets now, Indy car which is up to 3 drivers per team, or A1GP which has 1 driver per team representing a country. This would be a good one as they are identical cars and there is no advantage of having more than one driver in your team (cos u cant!) As long as people dont mind being other countries as you can only have 1 England, Scotland, Wales, GB etc... Although there are loads and loads of countries.

I reckon A1GP would be the best bet.

MikeR - 13/5/06 at 08:11 AM

having said all this guess which muppet missed free pactice and qualifiying.

grrr.... back in 12th with a really really crap setup

JoelP - 13/5/06 at 03:23 PM

i havent logged on since race 3, so its no suprise im at the back of the championship!

MikeR - 13/5/06 at 06:30 PM

well don't start now

welderman - 14/5/06 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by greggors84
Yeah we have 2 races to go.

Its strange that Renault have been so far ahead, the other championship i was in, they won it in the end, but it was still close, and i would say the percentage of people getting 100% set ups or close is very similar.

There is a couple more car sets now, Indy car which is up to 3 drivers per team, or A1GP which has 1 driver per team representing a country. This would be a good one as they are identical cars and there is no advantage of having more than one driver in your team (cos u cant!) As long as people dont mind being other countries as you can only have 1 England, Scotland, Wales, GB etc... Although there are loads and loads of countries.

I reckon A1GP would be the best bet.

Which one are we going for then. The season is nearly over and im well and truly hooked.

MikeR - 14/5/06 at 09:36 AM

Welderman, next time i'm visiting my parents in Standish, mind if i pop round, chew the cud and steal a drink of tea?

(assuming you're the one near Standish and not hte one near Blackpool)

welderman - 14/5/06 at 08:29 PM

No prob's there mate, just drop us a u2u.

Joe

welderman - 16/5/06 at 06:55 AM

Seasons finnished, well done Renault, came 3rd overall. Is it time for A1 GP.

MikeR - 16/5/06 at 07:27 AM

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

First ever pole position. Stupidly i decide to up my 'speed' a little for the final race. End up making about 5 mistakes and crashing out. So instead of getting 5th and a slim possilbility of 4th i end up in 6th by 1 point

you live and don't learn, live and don't learn

DaveFJ - 16/5/06 at 08:09 AM

Waheyyy

Seaon is over and I only came 5th BUT....

At least i won the last race of the season, and in a Torro Rosso

good fun - but next time round I need a team mate!

ChrisJLW - 16/5/06 at 08:42 AM

Damn another casualty in the last race, and I was right behind the Fezza I needed to beat!

Are we invading a public A1 or creating a new private game?

DaveFJ - 16/5/06 at 08:44 AM

how about something different ? touring cars maybe or A1GP ?

private game seems the way to me - taking part in a public game at the moment and some of the guys on there are complete tw*ts.....

greggors84 - 16/5/06 at 09:59 AM

Shall i start a new season then? Or does someone else want to do it?

I'll do a poll for which game next.

jos - 16/5/06 at 03:02 PM

please let me join this time. I'll behave honest

6th place in public race with a brazillian guy as team mate. Worked really well together and he won the drivers championship at the last race and we came joint 1st in constructors but listed as second (boo)

MikeR - 16/5/06 at 04:26 PM

right, you're in my team then

jos - 16/5/06 at 05:07 PM

no probs - which team, which championship

DaveFJ - 22/5/06 at 08:06 AM

BTTT

Are we going to start another game ? It has to be A1GP now they have introduced a Cornish livery!