Board logo

CG. motorsport customer service!!!!!!!!!
norm007 - 10/4/11 at 08:41 AM

After trawling local motor factors for a clutch release bearing and clutch kit for my Zetec/type 9 i stumbled upon CG. motorsports in Leeds.

Drove to Leeds to to discuss my needs.

I was told to come back in a couple of hours to collect my new clutch as they assemble the clutch to your spec.

After pointing out this would mean me driving back to York as I had to go to work and return the following day to collect it, I was then pointed in the direction of a cafe and told to come back in half hour, which I did.

The cluctch I got is a ceramic/kevlar friction plate with a 25% uprated pressure plate and new release bearing for the not too expensive price of £115.
For £160 I could have had a 6 x paddle clutch.

I have fitted the clutch and it has instantly tranformed my car by stopping the clutch slip I was getting from my OEM Lux clutch that only had 12000 x miles on it.

Just giving praise where praise is due for quality service and a quality item.

imp paul - 10/4/11 at 08:53 AM

sounds very good at the bang on price sweet well done

mookaloid - 10/4/11 at 09:33 AM

result

designer - 10/4/11 at 10:02 AM

Have used this lot myself, and they are very good.

owelly - 10/4/11 at 10:27 AM

I ordered a friction plate from these guys and for £25, the price was good. However, it didn't fit. It was my fault because I ordered the wrong one. I took it back and explained why it didn't fit and that it was to fit a Pug flywheel and cover but with a Ford type9 spline. They took my old Pug plate and returned it in under 10 minutes, rebuilt, with the correct centre and painted!!! All for no extra charge. I can't say enough good things about these guys.......