Board logo

Any Indy builders in the south east?
donut - 5/9/02 at 06:33 AM

Any Indy builders in the south east? I live just outside South London near Croydon.

zetec - 5/9/02 at 02:41 PM

I live in East London. About 50% thru a 2.0L Zetec build, also trying to fit it with a MT75 g/box.

donut - 5/9/02 at 03:14 PM

Cool

How long has it taken to get this far? Have you had to do any welding or anything else tricky?

Cheers

Andy

zetec - 5/9/02 at 03:33 PM

Probably at about 80 hours so far not including striping the Sierra donor. No welding required, although MK did knock up some engine mounts for me once I had made a pattern of what I needed. First few stages are just bolting old Sierra bits on so worth getting them cleaned and up to scratch before starting the build.

bob - 5/9/02 at 06:42 PM

It seems we indy builders are trying to make a circle round london,i'm in the west near Heathrow.

paulbeyer - 5/9/02 at 11:17 PM

Yeah,

And I'm just down the road in Bristol.

donut - 6/9/02 at 06:23 AM

Zetech- What bit's did you take from the Siera and what engine are you using?

I think we ought to start our own club down here in the south.

On another note, how much room is there in the Indy? I'm a bit of a fat git (18st) and am worried that i will be too wide. I have had it on good authority from MK that the cockpit will be wide enough for me. We'll see when i visit the factory!

Heathrow Bob, not far! YAY!

bob - 6/9/02 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Zetech- What bit's did you take from the Siera and what engine are you using?

Andy
I think there might be a clue as to the engine kevin is using in his user name on posts.

I'm 16 stone mate and there is plenty room for me,i reckon a tight fit is better cos you dont rattle around too much.

donut - 6/9/02 at 08:44 AM

D'OH! silly me!

I had a friend who built a Tiger 6 about 5 years ago (when i was ALOT lighter!) and i could not fit into the drivers side but just managed to painfully squeeze into the passenger side. DAMN GOOD FUN and you are right about being better not moving about :O)

Just found a company who can supply all recon parts i need when i need them YAY!

Andy

zetec - 6/9/02 at 01:59 PM

I stripped a 2ltr DOHC Sierra, G reg. took off brakes (disc front and rear), MT75 g/box, diff (but latter bought a LSD one from breakers for £75), steering rack etc, drive shafts and hubs/uprights. The engine was out of a crashed Mondeo 2.0Ltr and was £400.

donut - 6/9/02 at 02:26 PM

A friend of mine had a 2 liter Ztech in his Tiger and it absolutely flew. He also used his laptop to adjust the ECU for track days. I'm going to stick with a 2 litre pinto with twin 45's. As long as i get 100bhp plus i will be happy.