Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: We Should quarentine new members!!
rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gottabedone
Guys - I hope this resolves itself amicably but your problem really isn't as a result of the forum so how about going to U2U before beer and handbags come out.

If it stays here then Scootz's your offer looks good, I'll bring the Minstrels

Steve

I couldnt agree more, but im going to make sure I have a clean name out of all this!

Krismc

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:42 PM
Well if he is honest, when his parcel arrives 2mora he will withdraw his complaint, but it just seems dodgy when he complains so soon and sends a txt saying you are going to loose 150quid.

I've got 100% sellers feedback torquoise star on ebay so I'm honest, but id give seller a few days before id call him a thief.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

will121

posted on 13/10/10 at 06:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
He txt me on Monday, and I said delivery tues-thurs
. Paypal withdrew 155quid from my account until resolved. Its a joke. Buyer protection is good, but over kill when I've got proof of posting.

But you haven't got proof of delivery. Your proof of postage could be for anything. Without proof of delivery paypal will almost certainly side with the buyer. That's why you must always use a service with addressed proof of postage, online tracking and proof of delivery. Your only hope is to try and claim from Royal Mail, but as 2nd class isn't a trackable service, I'm not sure you'll have any luck there.

as above, i think people forget that the sellers full services offered are the 'provision' of the items and 'delivery' of the item hence seller is responsible for both the item and full delivery meaning receipt of the item by the buyer, you do not forfill you part of the 'sale agreement' by just posting. for this reason i will always post by recorded delivery and charge the buyer accordingly as normally only minimal addition and also post office insurance cover if goes wrong. After all think if we buy say something from a shop over the internet would not be happy till recieved and not accept them saying its not their problem as they had posted it!

rhinopower

posted on 13/10/10 at 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
Well if he is honest, when his parcel arrives 2mora he will withdraw his complaint, but it just seems dodgy when he complains so soon and sends a txt saying you are going to loose 150quid.

I've got 100% sellers feedback torquoise star on ebay so I'm honest, but id give seller a few days before id call him a thief.

I hope it does come tomorrow. I've had expensive things go missing before, and paypal have been unable to reclaim the money so sorry if you think I've jumped the gun but I'm not getting stung again.

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/10/10 at 08:09 PM
Cmon guys FFS we are all genuine guys on here I hope ( even newbies although I would be cautious as well).
Given the amount of FREE info and buckshee parts GIVEN AWAY with free postage between many members over many years then you can both surely excercise a bit of
PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING. You are gonna need heaps of it if you are gonna build a good car.

Its all about COMMUNICATION.

NOW

GROUP HUG

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

MikeR

posted on 13/10/10 at 08:56 PM
i'm not hugging you!!!

:p

Confused but excited.

posted on 13/10/10 at 09:18 PM
I will. when you get to my age.....

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

omega 24 v6

posted on 14/10/10 at 05:36 AM
I'll have you know I am MOST huggable.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Jasper

posted on 14/10/10 at 10:30 AM
Why oh why oh why do people STILL send items non-recorded? Sorry, but if you do then you only have yourself to blame. I run a mail order company and everything I send out is at my risk until it's signed for by the customer.

Take responsibility for your own actions and don't blame the buyer, sellers have a responsibility to get the item to the buyer, not just post it unrecorded and hope for the best.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Ninehigh

posted on 14/10/10 at 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
i'm not hugging you!!!

What are you, gay?

Also recorded delivery don't mean squat. Special delivery however legally has arrived the moment it's posted. If you want it to get there 100% go special delivery

rhinopower

posted on 14/10/10 at 06:46 PM
Still nothing today, but you know that anyway from my postman. I will have to ask him when I see him next how he feels about his name and number being passed around like **** in a *** bar! Clear breach of the data protection act if it's true, I will of course speak to whoever delivers my parcels due to having to open the door.

[Edited on 15/10/10 by rhinopower]

scootz

posted on 14/10/10 at 06:49 PM
Never mind all that... what happened??? This saga has been almost as entertaining as an episode of the El Dorado soap!

Come on... !!! Who was right... who was wrong??? Was it all a dream??? Did the secret-agent postie who's on the take spill his guts after he delivered 'the package'??? Will it all be resolved on Jeremy Kyle???

It's Evolution Baby!

gottabedone

posted on 15/10/10 at 04:29 PM
now hold on - I must have missed some episodes! .............Jeremy Kyle?..........so who was taking drugs and where are the illegitimate kids?
What a plot spoiler

Ninehigh

posted on 15/10/10 at 06:49 PM
El Dorado was real? I thought it was something I spotted while flicking through the channels

rhinopower

posted on 15/10/10 at 06:58 PM
Still nothing today. Do the right thing and refund my money
Ninehigh

posted on 15/10/10 at 07:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rhinopower
Still nothing today. Do the right thing and refund my money

I thought the problem (well the reason for the OP) is that he did refund your money, without his permission and knowledge

rhinopower

posted on 15/10/10 at 08:36 PM
No. I escalated a paypal claim who remove the funds from the seller until resolved
Ninehigh

posted on 15/10/10 at 09:55 PM
Ah right so Paypal are holding that money?

rhinopower

posted on 15/10/10 at 10:08 PM
Yes, but by looks of it he has already withdrawn it so is in the minus at the moment. Nice to see how mature people are, not like i came on here throwing toys out of the pram because the ecu hadn't turned up.
Jasper

posted on 16/10/10 at 09:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
i'm not hugging you!!!

What are you, gay?

Also recorded delivery don't mean squat. Special delivery however legally has arrived the moment it's posted. If you want it to get there 100% go special delivery

What nonsense, Recorded Delivery means you have proof when they sign for it, it's fine for posting all manner of things when you need to know it's got there, but it's not time critical or very valuable.

Ninehigh

posted on 16/10/10 at 07:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
i'm not hugging you!!!

What are you, gay?

What nonsense, Recorded Delivery means you have proof when they sign for it, it's fine for posting all manner of things when you need to know it's got there, but it's not time critical or very valuable.

My solicitor said otherwise, and I have had recorded delivery stuff go missing...

rhinopower

posted on 17/10/10 at 06:58 AM
I've had special and recorded go missing before too, don't trust my sorting office one bit! Probably for the best it's being closed down. I've complained about it before but still have bits disappear in the system.
Jasper

posted on 18/10/10 at 09:14 AM
Of course they sometimes go missing, and I'm not talking legal issues here.

What I need as a seller is proof if the customer has signed for it or not, that way I can prove if he's trying to have one over on me or not. If it gets lost before he signs for it then it's my problem - which I why I have insurance - if he claims not to have had it but I can see he signed for it, then he can do one.

In this case sending it Recorded would mean this thread wouldn't be happeneing, what more do you need?

scootz

posted on 18/10/10 at 09:23 AM
Where do you stand with PayPal, etc. if it gets signed for, but the purchaser says that they never signed for it, they don't know who did and they don't have it?

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 18/10/10 at 07:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Where do you stand with PayPal, etc. if it gets signed for, but the purchaser says that they never signed for it, they don't know who did and they don't have it?

I'm guessing your paypal address should be your home, therefore if you don't know who signed for it then you've got bigger problems. Also you can go online and look at the signature

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.