Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sportscars at Oulton Park
PAUL FISHER

posted on 16/1/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
MK Sportscars at Oulton Park

Bit of a last minute post,but MK Sportscars will be at Oulton Park tomorrow,giving there new race car a shake down,it the race version of the Indy R,busa powered,its this car that is being entered and driven by Danny Keenan in the B.A.R.C championship this year,its 1st race will be at Oulton Park on the 28th of March 2009 if all is well with testing etc.
Its only a trackday,so if anyone is local and fancys poping down to watch the action feel free to do so,I will be there in my Clio and a few other MK owners

INDY BIRD

posted on 16/1/09 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul

i wish them well with the new car, will wait to see some video footage of the day if you are there,

hope you have a good day out and the weather is kind to you all,

Sean

welderman

posted on 16/1/09 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
would liked to have gone, about an hour from me but the mrs is working and im looking after the kids, and they are dancing before anyone says bring them.
Gutted

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

adithorp

posted on 16/1/09 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
You might get lucky with the weather.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Northwich

Have fun.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

PAUL FISHER

posted on 16/1/09 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yes might be lucky with weather,could do with it dry for the set up of the new car,but I will be ok either way in my tin top for a change,with heaters,and wipers what luxury and if its wet it might be my only chance to keep with the other 7's
locoboy

posted on 17/1/09 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
2 of my mates are there, one in a clio cup car, white and black and one in a 2.0 turbo subaru silver with black subaru decals.
I will be up about 2.30 to try out my new camera!

See you then.

ATB
Locoboy

Steve Hignett

posted on 17/1/09 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote

welderman

posted on 17/1/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
so how did it go then

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

matt.c

posted on 17/1/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm! Like that pic!

Jubal

posted on 18/1/09 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Nice to put a couple of faces to names yesterday lads. Shame about the red flags while we were there, my lad was well bored! We must've seen no more than 10 mins track time. Hope the rest of the day was fun!
PAUL FISHER

posted on 18/1/09 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yes we had a great day,but could have been better if a scooby had not dumped all his oil over half of the track this stopped the trackday for nearly an hour,then there was the usual few muppets not slowing down after which resulted in them hitting armco and gravel traps,stopping the track time again,the track marshalls did a great job though,they even gave up some of there lunch hour to get us back on track in the afternoon,due to the morning being so poor,top lads .
The new MK was rapid,they got to give the car a shake down,which was the main thing,I know its early days,but I will stick my neck out and say,I think they have a race winning car there,in will be interesting watching the progress of the 2 cars in this years B.A.R.C championship,the 1st one being on the 28th of March at Oulton Park.
I think the next outing for the cars will be back at Oulton again on the 11th of Feb,to be confirmed,but I will be there anyway in the Clio,as I am booked on the MSV run trackday,only £125 for the full International circuit,this is a bargain because you will pay around double this in the in the spring,its a suberb circuit.
It was good to see and meet other locosters there Derek & son (Jubal),and Steve (Worx)

Steve Hignett

posted on 18/1/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a Pic of Danny this time!

Andy D

posted on 19/1/09 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Yes we had a great day,but could have been better if a scooby had not dumped all his oil over half of the track this stopped the trackday for nearly an hour,then there was the usual few muppets not slowing down after which resulted in them hitting armco and gravel traps,stopping the track time again,the track marshalls did a great job though,they even gave up some of there lunch hour to get us back on track in the afternoon,due to the morning being so poor,top lads .
The new MK was rapid,they got to give the car a shake down,which was the main thing,I know its early days,but I will stick my neck out and say,I think they have a race winning car there,in will be interesting watching the progress of the 2 cars in this years B.A.R.C championship,the 1st one being on the 28th of March at Oulton Park.
I think the next outing for the cars will be back at Oulton again on the 11th of Feb,to be confirmed,but I will be there anyway in the Clio,as I am booked on the MSV run trackday,only £125 for the full International circuit,this is a bargain because you will pay around double this in the in the spring,its a suberb circuit.
It was good to see and meet other locosters there Derek & son (Jubal),and Steve (Worx)

I'm guessing that's the "Performance & Economy Chip Tuning Sports/Saloon Champ (N.West)" champoinship your talking about. (What a mouthfull!)

I saw them at Croft last year, a really superb diversity of machinery, including this rapid Busa (I think) powered MK.

Cant find a 2009 callendar, to see if the championship is at Croft at all this year? Any links?

mk sportscars

posted on 19/1/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
race dates

hi we don't have the full race calender at the moment.all we have is the first race at
oulton park on the 28th of march.we will
keep you posted.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 19/1/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER

I'm guessing that's the "Performance & Economy Chip Tuning Sports/Saloon Champ (N.West)" champoinship your talking about. (What a mouthfull!)

I saw them at Croft last year, a really superb diversity of machinery, including this rapid Busa (I think) powered MK.

Cant find a 2009 callendar, to see if the championship is at Croft at all this year? Any links?

Yes thats the one Andy,Chris Maries did a fine job with the old Indy car last year,1st in class,and joint overal 2nd I believe.
He was up against a wide variety of cars including caterham a couple of R400's,a few westys,and like you say a wide variety of cars,like tvr tuscans,big power Rx7's,should make for some interesting racing
Here's a link to the race series.

http://www.barc.net/regional_centres/north_west/champ.php

Andy D

posted on 19/1/09 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Is Chris Maries driving one of the two new MK's this year then? or is he a separate team...

As I said, the mix of cars is great to spectate, but not so good when they tangle.... One of my fellow Westy drivers (Cam Forbes) got hit by a stonking great Capri V8 at Croft. Think he got off fairly lightly, but it could have been worse.

There are some good pics from the Croft round HERE

PAUL FISHER

posted on 19/1/09 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yes Andy he will be driving one of the new cars,but its own car that he has built,to the same spec as Danny keenan's car,Chris has been helping MK with the development of the race chassis,and will also bring them his benefit of his racing experience.
Nice pictures at Croft,I realy like this one.

quote:
Is Chris Maries driving one of the two new MK's this year then? or is he a separate team...

As I said, the mix of cars is great to spectate, but not so good when they tangle.... One of my fellow Westy drivers (Cam Forbes) got hit by a stonking great Capri V8 at Croft. Think he got off fairly lightly, but it could have been worse.

There are some good pics from the Croft round HERE

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER] Rescued attachment barc_croft_aug_2008_06527.jpg
Rescued attachment barc_croft_aug_2008_06527.jpg

PAUL FISHER

posted on 20/1/09 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
Bigger picture Rescued attachment barc_croft_aug_2008_02870.jpg
Rescued attachment barc_croft_aug_2008_02870.jpg

PAUL FISHER

posted on 20/1/09 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
And Rescued attachment barc_croft_aug_2008_06527.jpg
Rescued attachment barc_croft_aug_2008_06527.jpg

Andy D

posted on 20/1/09 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
....and the wet weather set up, complete with wing!

I seem to remember a "Maries" racing a very noisy flame throwing, rotary engined Westfield at Croft, many years ago. Not sure if it was Chris, is it the same bloke?

PAUL FISHER

posted on 20/1/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure on that Andy,I will ask him,next time I see him.

quote:
....and the wet weather set up, complete with wing!

I seem to remember a "Maries" racing a very noisy flame throwing, rotary engined Westfield at Croft, many years ago. Not sure if it was Chris, is it the same bloke?

CMR

posted on 20/1/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys

i can comfrim it was chris in the westfield with a rotary engine .

cheers

pity we got chucked out for having that wing on the roll cage he was leading by a country mile

[Edited on 20/1/09 by CMR]

Andy D

posted on 20/1/09 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CMR
Hi guys

i can comfrim it was chris in the westfield with a rotary engine .

cheers

pity we got chucked out for having that wing on the roll cage he was leading by a country mile

[Edited on 20/1/09 by CMR]

I do remember something about a disquallification, didn't know it was "wing" related.

Was the wing purely to try and get more grip in the wet?... Did it give a lot more grip? ....I guess no aero modifications allowed..

procomp

posted on 20/1/09 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Mind if he had got that flame throwing Mazda in there it wouldent have been a wet track . I remember that car well no one could get within 10ft of him as he just gave a light lift and set fire to your car. Scortched the paint on one of our Westfields with the tasty Pearl blue paint job . I think Bob Light in the Ultima was the only car to get in front of that monster.
Ahh the good old Super sports championship Kitcars gone mad.

Just a thought but are you guys or the new MK's thinking of having a go in the new CSCC class. Or are you sticking to the Oulton park N/W serise.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CMR

posted on 20/1/09 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
yeah it was supposed to give more grip but infacted slow him down , the techical verdit was it was attached to the rollcage therfore it was illegal in the blue book , oh well moral victory i think .
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.