Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finally registered and it begins KX09
bigbravedave

posted on 27/5/09 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Finally registered and it begins KX09

After two SVA tests and two trips to the DVLA office, the V5 and tax disk landed on the door mat this morning.

I submitted receipts for all the parts, filled in a declaration of newness and kept my finger crossed, really chuffed with the new reg.

It will be nice to get it mapped and finally drive it (stuart-taylor zx12) in the dry, covered 360 miles in the wet, to and from sva's (not the closest station :-) hopefully the weather will pick up now.

russbost

posted on 27/5/09 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats - well done that man.
How did you manage the new reg with a bike engine/gearbox? Is it a brand new unit?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 27/5/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote

...any piccies...?

bigbravedave

posted on 27/5/09 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
I submitted the receipt for the reverse gearbox (well its a gearbox and its new!) and a cert for the engine stating milage next to nowt and signed the declaration of newness form. I think alot of it depends on the dvla person processing the application if its marginal. It may of helped that I gave them every single receipt rather than just the main ones.
Cubby

posted on 27/5/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Well done !
How long did the process take . Had my inspection 3 weeks ago and told today the process take 6weeks !

bigbravedave

posted on 27/5/09 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I requested all the DVLA forms on the 7th of May over the phone, passed SVA retest on the 14th, took the MAC and completed forms into DVLA office later that day. They checked all the forms through whilst I was there took a couple of cheques off me, £55 to register and another cheque for a years worth of tax, an inspection appointment letter followed for the 21st , a nice lass checked engine no. and vin plate and millage reading. They sent the V5 and tax out Friday afternoon special delivery (even gave me the tracking number, you know you’ve chased someone enough when they give you the tracking number!) and they turned up this morn due to the bank hol so a 7 working day turn around from forms going in to .reg coming out.

This was at Northampton DVLA office who where pretty spot on, the only complaint I had was they told me that they didn’t need to see the car then sent an appointment through the post 3 days later. Otherwise really spot on!

chris_smith

posted on 27/5/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
i had inspection on the same day 21st, but im still waiting

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.