Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My car is provisionally sold - ar5e!
nick205

posted on 5/10/09 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
My car is provisionally sold - ar5e!

Oh well it seems as if my MK is provisionally sold

Despite a wealth of helpful (read: knob-head) enquiries from eBay and some more from Piston Heads the first person to actually come and look at/drive my Indy has decided to buy it for sensible money.

It's going to absolutely crush me seeing it drive away when he comes to collect it and worst of all he plans to store it outside under a car cover - not really my concern I know, but it certainly won't do the car any favours at all.

Official mourning is scheduled to start in 2 weeks time with a brief period of affection left in between.

If you don't hear from me I'll be in the garage staring in disbelief at the empty space (which SWMBO will no doubt quickly fill with crap)

Description
Description

James

posted on 5/10/09 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
How come you're selling then? Another project? That'll take your mind of it surely?

As regards your garage space... for the 4 year duration of my build my Dad and I fell out over my usage of his garage. There were sooo many arguments! This was usually started by him saying he wanted to put Mum's car in there. Which I said was a load of rubbish and she was too lazy (let alone weak!) to lift the door open!

I finally moved it out and guess what...

the huge empty hole I left is now filled with totally pointless crap and there's no chance of fitting a bike in there, let alone a car!!!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

spdpug98

posted on 5/10/09 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Nick

Gutted for you , you will have to keep us updated on the Pug 205 project

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/10/09 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
How come you're selling then? Another project? That'll take your mind of it surely?

As regards your garage space... for the 4 year duration of my build my Dad and I fell out over my usage of his garage. There were sooo many arguments! This was usually started by him saying he wanted to put Mum's car in there. Which I said was a load of rubbish and she was too lazy (let alone weak!) to lift the door open!

I finally moved it out and guess what...

the huge empty hole I left is now filled with totally pointless crap and there's no chance of fitting a bike in there, let alone a car!!!

Cheers,
James

when I was a kid and used my folks garage I got constant moans about not keeping the garage tidy. Now that I'm not there my dad has one of the most cr£p filled garages I've ever seen and not once have they ever been able to park a car in there I think parents just like to blame their kids

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 5/10/09 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
when I was a kid and used my folks garage I got constant moans about not keeping the garage tidy. Now that I'm not there my dad has one of the most cr£p filled garages I've ever seen and not once have they ever been able to park a car in there I think parents just like to blame their kids

Going to be the same at ours, im only at uni be even still everytime i come home for holidays the first job is to tidy our the garage of shite. Its a 20ft deep double garage so theres sot of room for crap even tho they both do actaully put there cars in it.

Daniel

sebastiaan

posted on 13/11/11 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
If you'd like to have her back: she's for sale agian! http://link.marktplaats.nl/466609981
RK

posted on 13/11/11 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
I remember getting crap from my mum for having ONE trunk full of stuff stored at their place. I was the easy target as I'm the oldest. Now of course, I get it from the other half about the garage: "when can I park my car in there?" You can't win.

As far as selling up: life goes on, and as long as you have your health, you can always build something else. It's a thing, not a member of the family, telling you to clean up. Wait a minute...

Dangle_kt

posted on 13/11/11 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
bad times - still you're selling for a reason, so hopefully it will make sense in the long run.

It is a KICK in the nuts though watching it go round the corner at the top of the drive. I realised too late, and just had time to give the rear arch a good bye pat as the car/trailer pulled away from the curb.

[Edited on 13/11/11 by Dangle_kt]

stevegough

posted on 13/11/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan
If you'd like to have her back: she's for sale agian! http://link.marktplaats.nl/466609981

Sorry, but that's just not playing the game - its like rubbing salt in a still-raw wound.

Shame on you!

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Dave Ashurst

posted on 13/11/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
quote:

Sorry, but that's just not playing the game - its like rubbing salt in a still-raw wound.

Shame on you!

Still raw after 2 years?

sebastiaan

posted on 13/11/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Guys, have a look at the dates. It's been two years since the original sale, hence circumstances might have changed and this could be a real opportunity to get the car back. No salt rubbing intended in any way.....

quote:
quote:

Shame on you!

stevegough

posted on 13/11/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Ashurst
quote:
quote:

Shame on you!

Still raw after 2 years?

Yeah, some wounds never heal.......

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

nick205

posted on 14/11/11 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Just saw this!

That is indeed my old Indy up for sale in NL. The guy I sold it to sold it on about a year ago to the Dutch owner.

Good to see it looking well and ready for the next owner who sadly won't be me

Bluemoon

posted on 14/11/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
The car will probably get well looked after in the NL as registering one over this probably near on impossible..

Dan

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.