Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I am pooing my self
pgtips

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I am pooing my self

I know that makes me sound like a girl but I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my dentist for a route cannal......................and I am bricking it .

Gos I hate dentist.

[Edited on 21-1-10 by pgtips]

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

dave r

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
the bit i hated was when they measure how deep the hole was.... think mine was 21mm
RichardK

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Not as bad as people make out, I've had two, not that I proud of them or anything! Didn't cry or anything Think technology has moved on making it less painfull..

Did cry when I got the bill though, robbing ba%$%$ worked it out and it was something 150 an hour.

Don't worry...

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Not as bad as people make out, I've had two, not that I proud of them or anything!

+1

You'll be well numbed-up!

It's Evolution Baby!

MakeEverything

Some people pay good money for the kind of pain your going to endure tomorrow...

Good luck. Youll need it.

Oh, er, i mean, youll be fine, you wont feel a thing.

In all seriousness, try meditation. Put yourself somewhere completely different when its going on. Thats what i do most of the time, and it works for me!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

mistergrumpy

Yeah I've had root canal and it was a doddle. Didn't have to pay for mine though which was nice.
Daddylonglegs

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave r
the bit i hated was when they measure how deep the hole was.... think mine was 21mm

That'll make him feel so much more relaxed!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

madrallysport

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The bit i hate most is the BILL

UNDERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE is how far you take the wall with you.

pgtips

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.

Hopefully want be any more painful than the night all started.......Christmas eve . I stayed up all night.....standing...If I was to sit down......BANG pain like anything I have experience before in my life. I ended up standing all night in the dark against the kitchen wall. What a night.

Managed to see my dentist few days later but the nerves was too "angry....the dentists word " to do anything and he temporarily filled it. 22 days later I am about to face my worst fear......THE DENTIST.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

flibble

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Don't panic, once your numb you wont feel a thing, just mind your tongue/lips on the hot sealing implement the waggle about in there afterwards!
Staring at the assistant/nurse will take your mind off the boredom though

Toltec

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madrallysport
quote:

The bit i hate most is the BILL

Try having the same tooth done again because the first dentist missed one branch of the root and having to pay for a crown as there is not enough of the tooth left to fill.

Deep breath.

just over £500 btw

The dental work was pretty painless as the root was already dead. The pain from the secondary infection until the antibiotics cut in was a bitch though.

scootz

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Will be far less painful than your initial episode...

It's Evolution Baby!

davie h

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
i hate the dentist

last time i went i almost broke the armrests off the seat from tensing up the nurse had to calm me down, even though i didnt feel any pain im still scared stiff of the place.

Davie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24179682@N04/?saved=1

clairetoo

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Last root canal I had , I did start to worry when the dentist picked up a torch and a canary in a little cage , then tied a rope around his waist....................

Nah..............nothing to worry about...........says a girl so scared silly of dentists I lose sleep for 2 or 3 nights before a checkup

[Edited on 21/1/10 by clairetoo]

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

LBMEFM

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
If you think you have experienced pain in the head lets hope you never experience Trigeminal Neuralgia ( Google it)- I had it three years ago and it took brain surgery to cure with three days in intensive care, three weeks in hospital and six weeks at home - still musn't grumble, all better now. Barry
Agriv8

posted on 21/1/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
had one done a couple of years ago.

Dentist scare me more that anything else its a real deep routed irational fear that goes back to the dentist I had as a kid doing big filling wih no injections to numb the tooth .

1st rule tell the dentist you are bricking it

I did that with my current dentist and he has been brilliant telling me what he is going to do and how much pain / discomfort to expect he even numbs the gums before the injections with some jelly stuff. Still cacking myself before I go but 100% beter that I used to be.

fingers crossed for a simple pain free root canal job

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Puzzled

posted on 21/1/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Reach out , hold him by the NUTS and say --- " WE WONT HURT EACH OTHER -- WILL WE "
big-vee-twin

posted on 21/1/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
last year I had an absess, the dentist had to drill down the tooth and out the other end and down into my jaw bone.

Didnt feel a thing, but the hot thing is a bit un-nerving.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

zilspeed

posted on 21/1/10 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
As a child, I didn't look after my teeth.
I used to be scared of the dentist, note used to be.
Since I've grown up and rationalised it,
I've had root canal, I've had an extraction where the only bit left was the root, I've had a cyst removed which required 5 day hospitilisation and a maxilofacial surgeon.

Since I become grown up about it, I have accepted that the dentist will do everything to make sure I do not experience pain.
Seriously, the last time I had root canal, I managed to have myself sufficiently calm and believe all of the above that I came within a hair's breadth of falling asleep in the dentist's chair.

The key is to close your eyes, you don't need to see what thy're doing, so why stress youself by looking. Lie down, close your eyes, listen to the soothing voice or the radio in my case, because they always have one on in my dentist.

Seriously, there is nothing whatosever to get tense about far less stressed.

Andi

posted on 21/1/10 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
IV sedation in the hand y e a h m a a n!

You have to ask, and theres normally at least 1 dentist in the surgery that will do it.
Dont feel a thing, dont remember a thing except maybe saying "kin el" as you float away.

Down side is you feel crap and knackerd for the rest of the day and you have to take a responsible driving adult with you.

cs3tcr

posted on 22/1/10 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
I had two done on some remains of front teeth (hockey), and the only time i felt anything was when the freezing wore off. I metabolize the freezing too quickly, so i think i had something like 3 times the normal amount. But, when its frozen, nothing to worry about.

Still an odd feeling when they hand you a mirror or an x-ray and show you how deep they went.

[Edited on 22/1/10 by cs3tcr]

Staple balls

posted on 22/1/10 at 01:31 AM Reply With Quote
Had one done not long ago, bit of aching afterwards, but really nothing on the pain the tooth had been causing. Nothing to worry about really.

Especially given the dental nurses around here are all aesthetically pleasing.

RK

posted on 22/1/10 at 02:37 AM Reply With Quote
I remember getting a tooth smashed in hockey as a kid (before face shields), and there was NO anasthetic that helped while he was grinding away on the exposed nerve. I thought it hurt til I dropped a floor jack on my big toe a few weeks ago. BRING ON THE DENTIST!
MikeRJ

posted on 22/1/10 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
I had two root canals done about 10 years ago and I can safely say it was one of the most agonising things I have ever experienced, and it really put me off dentists. They both fell out at around 8 years as well. The filling part of one became so loose I pulled it out complete with the long metal wires that go down the tooth root
speedyxjs

posted on 22/1/10 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Put yourself somewhere completely different when its going on. Thats what i do most of the time, and it works for me!!

Got to agree with that. I had what was probably the worlds biggest filling done by the worst dentist in the world and it was over in a flash and i almost felt nothing as i was concentrating so hard on a to do list for the locost

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.