Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: ringer clarification
andrew

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
ringer clarification

having read the ringer posts that keep being posted on here , what are you clasing as a ringer , some of you seem very quick to condemn , lock him up throw away the key, if you have a locost but on the log book it doesent say locost anywhere, but you call it somthing else is this a ringer in some of your opinions ,
austin man

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
If you see a car called a Bond Equipe that is a spartan body then the chances are its had the plate switched over google the two car types and you will see a distinct difference Its not a ringer if it has been rebodied on the original chasis Hop that makes sense

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

jase380

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
according to my brother who worked for west yorks police stolen vehicle squad for 5 years a ringer to them is a stolen vehicle that has had the identity ( chassis no and reg no ) of a legitimate vehicle applied to it..... make of that what you can !!
DavidM

posted on 8/7/10 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
There are many reasons why something that appears to be incorrectly registered now could have been correctly registered at the time of registration. There is a degree of ignorance or misunderstanding on here about the technicalities of the registration process and how it has changed over the years. Anytime anyone sees anything that they don't understand, they start shouting ringer. It doesn't mean that the cars are ringers, or that they aren't. Ringer is a misused term in these cases, incorrectly registered is the correct term. It doesn't help that you have to leave your SVA/IVA certificate with DVLA when you register your car.

David

Proportion is Everything

AdrianH

posted on 8/7/10 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps someone can clarify something for me.

I built my own car using a single donor, I got an age related plate 'H' reg so looks like a 91.

the car was named by myself so I do understand how one can have what ever name you wish, I still called mine a Haynes Roadster, but!

The date of first registration on mine is 23/11/2009 when it was registered and it got a registration that was different from the donor.

Was this always the case in question?

Mine has a Special note in section 3

Rebuilt- Assembled from parts some or all of which were not new.

I guess things were different pre SVA/IVA, what was the rule back then?

Adrian

[Edited on 8-7-10 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

stevebubs

posted on 9/7/10 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
Perhaps someone can clarify something for me.

I built my own car using a single donor, I got an age related plate 'H' reg so looks like a 91.

the car was named by myself so I do understand how one can have what ever name you wish, I still called mine a Haynes Roadster, but!

The date of first registration on mine is 23/11/2009 when it was registered and it got a registration that was different from the donor.

Was this always the case in question?

Mine has a Special note in section 3

Rebuilt- Assembled from parts some or all of which were not new.

I guess things were different pre SVA/IVA, what was the rule back then?

Adrian

[Edited on 8-7-10 by AdrianH]

Get an MOT and, if you felt like it, write off to the DVLA telling them the new details...

oldtimer

posted on 9/7/10 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Even pre SVA things were sometimes a bit random. My first car was inspected prior to MOT but just to check parts and not really it's construction, then, Chassis nunber was alocated, stamped, MOT and on the road.
britishtrident

posted on 9/7/10 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
The thing about the Bond/Spartan is it could have been very easily sorted out a few years back on the run up to the introduction of SVA.

Even now the Bond/Spartan could still retain its original registration as all that has changed is the body, the engine, chassis and running gear are unchanged.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

gottabedone

posted on 9/7/10 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
A ringer is as jase380 said.
All this sh1te about "ringing" kitcars is a bit tedious.
The rules have changed numerous times over the years to the state where we are now with the IVA where it's bordering on rediculous (IMO) as I think that a lot of tintops wouldn't pass an IVA.
Wherever you go there are going to be a number of owners who take the pi55 but if you consider how many posts there are where a Locoster has got his car through an IVA and bits have fallen off on the way home or been ripped out or changed as soon as possible for a nicer/better item

It makes me wonder when the kitcar police on here will start reporting one of us for changing the Sierra steering wheel and steelies for nicer items

sorry rant over but can we use some common sense on this subject please

Steve

gottabedone

posted on 9/7/10 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Oh and Andrew, my post wasn't a poke at you matey as you asked a good question but there seem to be some that keep banging this drum and don't understand what a ringer is

Steve

mad4x4

posted on 9/7/10 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
I would say something like

Car registered as a Dutton on a Q but is actually and obviously a MK Indy or a Tiger or a Corbra.

Seen a few of that thing.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.