Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Who's is this mk
macspeedy

posted on 9/7/04 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Who's is this mk

Who's mk is this as i am interested in where the aeroscreen came from, downloaded the picture but can't remember who it was, doh

[Edited on 9/7/04 by macspeedy] Rescued attachment car2.jpg
Rescued attachment car2.jpg

Staple balls

posted on 9/7/04 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
that'd be woodster

marc n

posted on 9/7/04 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
think its a westie one, isnt that the same style rollhoop someone was showing pictures of elsewhere on this site, the one that snapped of due to no rear stays
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mk-Ninja

posted on 9/7/04 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Mark. That is Dave Woodsters (SPD ) MK Indy, which had the propshaft failure and Martin rebuit for him after the incident.

[Edited on 9:7:04 by Mk-Ninja]

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

marc n

posted on 9/7/04 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
no i meant the aeroscreen assembly was a westfield one, not the car
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
evo3500

posted on 9/7/04 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
the above car came from spd developments in who are based in the midlands,he also does an rs200 replica.
the car was purchased fullt built from spd and it currently lives in the manchester area i have the guys name and number somewhere il try to dig it out.i believe the screen is spd own but is a very close copy of the westfield item.but i think he may have ceased trading so if you do catch up with him at spd tread carfully before parting with any money for goods.
Hope this helps.

Regards Simon

PAUL FISHER

posted on 9/7/04 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
AERO SCREEN

Yes I can also confirm the westfield aero screen fits quite well on the MK, As I too have one fitted to my MK.(see my photo archive). But they are quite expensive at £240. But they are very good quality.
woodster

posted on 10/7/04 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
thats my car had a top day out at elvington .... thanks MK .... it does look well that screen ..... SPD are still buying and selling on ebay if you look in sports-powerdrive ID history they've just registered a new name race-technics ....... the cars not been driven since elvington its locked in a friends garage and chained to the floor ..... the DVLA inspected it last week THEY could'nt find a vin number and the car will have to be SVA'd and re-registered

the story goes on

woodster

Hellfire

posted on 10/7/04 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Picture Location

Looks like it was a nice day at Clumber Park then Paul... for the photo session! Nice car...

See you at Ackworth - Weds. 14th July maybe? Convoy???

[Edited on 10-7-04 by Hellfire]

Scotty

posted on 10/7/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
the cars not been driven since elvington its locked in a friends garage and chained to the floor ..... the DVLA inspected it last week THEY could'nt find a vin number and the car will have to be SVA'd and re-registered

the story goes on

woodster

sorry to hear the continuing story...
fingers crossed for you mate

Hellfire

posted on 10/7/04 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Yea... good luck Woodster

Personally I'd make a website, publisising the diary as it continue's. It's a disgrace that this sort of thing happen's! I did it with Citroen and got all my money back...

If the vehicle ringing (alleged) was done by them, they want hanging by their danglies! It could have cost you your life, as we are very aware.

mad-butcher

posted on 10/7/04 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
wiyh regards to the roll hoop if i'm not mistaken there are photos of an upside down indy but the roll bar is INTACT and it was only held on with rivnuts. I beleive SPD were bought out by mnrltd.co.uk there wishbones and uprights look very MK like... and don't forget SPD's mother is a Solicitor...
Hope you get it sorted woodster.
Tony

woodster

posted on 10/7/04 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for all the best wishes ...... i think marc at mnr bought some parts off spd ...... i think spd's website and spd200 were for sale on ebay a few weeks ago .. i could be wrong ......... he told me it was his mum and dad that delivered my car ....... they both seemed nice enough mrs woodster made them a cup of tea ......... i'm not worried about the legal side of things my solicitor knows what hes doing ..................... thats all ALLEGGGGGEDLLLLLEEY
woodster

posted on 10/7/04 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
SCOTTY is that a picture of MRS SCOTTY
marc n

posted on 10/7/04 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
the rollbar picture is on this link below
thin walled tube and no rear braces. Think it says its from a westfield
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=15128

MNR did not buy out spd, we just bought one rolling chassis ( now scrapped ) and a bare live axle chassis, and about twenty to thirty sierras in bits, plus some " top Quality "moulds and lots of balljoints nuts bolts etc

The Uprights Are not the same as mk / spd and the pictures of the wishbones on site are spd ones /mk from the rolling car. pictures of our wishbones and a big website update should be complete by this evening, Check out our prices for components etc on www.mnrltd.co.uk

Regards

marc

woodster

posted on 10/7/04 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
so thats a load of balljoints from spd
marc n

posted on 10/7/04 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote

Hellfire

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
so thats a load of balljoints from spd

Hope they didn't sell you their Ball Locks too...

Peteff

posted on 10/7/04 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
I thought that

Woodsters car was a blue one. I'm quite confused now. Is that the moulds you've just dumped, sorry, sold on ebay Marc?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

woodster

posted on 11/7/04 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
hi pete ........ my cars the orange one simons was the blue one ...... different cars same reg number allegedly .... have a look at the pics you decide

[Edited on 11/7/04 by woodster]

Peteff

posted on 11/7/04 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Now I see...

The orange one won't pas SVA with the rear hazard light mounted where it is by the way.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

woodster

posted on 12/7/04 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
maybe we could play a game ....... look at the pics and tell me why it won't pass SVA ...... ALLEDEDLY

[Edited on 12/7/04 by woodster]

Scotty

posted on 12/7/04 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

nah ! just me on weekends

its part of another thread .............

tony9876

posted on 12/7/04 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
I must say i was very close to buying a lot of stuff from S.ome P.retty D.odgy b**tard and i am so glad i never. I dont know how your handling it woodster but i can imagine its the worst thing that could happen to you when buying a 2nd hand car you just dont expect it from an alleged dealer allegedly.
woodster

posted on 12/7/04 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty
quote:

nah ! just me on weekends

what you doing this weekend luv ????

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.