Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lada Niva - For sale
T66

posted on 26/3/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Lada Niva - For sale

My Niva has to go to make way for the Fiat coming home, cannot justify three cars ...

Insurance is £120 a year from David Auden

Tax is £210 a year.

If your Land Rover impresses you off road, but the heater which warms your left knee doesnt, then buy my Niva you can boil tea or fry eggs on the heater. The wife loves the Niva in the snow & ice.

This tough little car has on lots of occassion's taken on serious 4x4s with cross axle difflocks, and beaten them.

Simple, tough, rugged and Russian

Check the pics, the under the wheelarch one - broke a bottom balljoint off roading. Ratchet strapped the bottom arm to the top one and drove it home ! - Checkout my previous posts here for the Saab Turbo radiator mod, plumbed in a Saab rad when the Lada one let go, using hoover pipe and a few hose clips.

£650 secures.

http://tinyurl.com/5vewm2z

coozer

posted on 26/3/11 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thought you loved it?

Where do you go and play in the above pics? I fancy taking my Shogun off road...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

T66

posted on 26/3/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Theres a site at New Herrington used by the local clubs, as well as a few up in Northumberland.

Wolsingham 4x4 centre is still going,

I was in a club, but the name escapes me. The only advantage in membership was it reduced the cost.

Last Niva tale I heard from a UK seller - he got stood up by four UK buyers, messed about etc. Then took a call from a guy in Romania. Timewaster he thought - Romainian turns up as promised, looks over the Niva and agrees to buy it. Leaves deposit and disappears for a couple of hours. Returns with a tatty LDV high top van he just bought, and without ramps drove the Niva into the back of the van, paid up and drove back to Romania.

yes I love the Niva

montythemole

posted on 26/3/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Always wanted one of these but not the right time sadly. Did you see they're importing them new for about 10k, virtually unchanged?

1985 Dutton Phaeton Series 3 1300GT

MikeR

posted on 26/3/11 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
I need a cheap run around - showed the misses ............ and she wasn't impressed
T66

posted on 26/3/11 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I need a cheap run around - showed the misses ............ and she wasn't impressed

Neither was mine till itsnowed two winters running , and She had to get to work.

Ps I'm not driving it to Coventry though ....

MikeR

posted on 26/3/11 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
unfortunately the misses is out of work and I'd be giving her my 05 focus so the snow excuse won't wash. She also pointed out what impression would it make on my first day of my new job to turn up in 'that' .......... I won't repeat my answer, she (being typically correct) didn't agree.

As for driving to coventry, don't blame you. If i was to buy it, how about I meet you part way? Hinckley is a lot closer and I'm sure Nat wouldn't mind you popping in

T66

posted on 27/3/11 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
unfortunately the misses is out of work and I'd be giving her my 05 focus so the snow excuse won't wash. She also pointed out what impression would it make on my first day of my new job to turn up in 'that' .......... I won't repeat my answer, she (being typically correct) didn't agree.

As for driving to coventry, don't blame you. If i was to buy it, how about I meet you part way? Hinckley is a lot closer and I'm sure Nat wouldn't mind you popping in

She is right , it always makes an impression wherever it goes , someone mentioned earlier about the guy importing new ones from Russia - He emailed me last night to buy it ...

It was my intention to fit my Fiat twincam (2.0) and make it a good tow car, but there are better options on the market, and petrol prices well.....dont get me started.

Pretty cool with a Lada tow car and a Fiat 126 on the trailer.

The centre cv joint between the gearbox & xfer box is getting tired, it would probably be better to trailer it.

I will be trailering the Fiat back up North the end of April if thats any use - Could bring it down for you, with a bit of petrol subsidy.

wilkingj

posted on 27/3/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Niva / Cossack 's are good... but even better with a 2.2 Isuzu Diesel inplace of the Rusky mill.

A Mate fitted one, and it transformed the vehicle and the consumption!

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 27/3/11 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Theres a site at New Herrington used by the local clubs, as well as a few up in Northumberland.

New Herrington? That's just down the road from me. Any more info mate?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

slingshot2000

posted on 27/3/11 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by T66

New Herrington? That's just down the road from me. Any more info mate?

Wakey wakey, cannot belive you haven't heard of that !

Regards
Jon

PS, Dads of to N.I. on Tuesday, will ask about getting some ale for you!

coozer

posted on 27/3/11 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know where it is like?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

British-bulldog

posted on 18/12/11 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Still for sale?

Hi there, I know this is now an old thread, but I was wondering if this Niva is still for sale?? I hope it is!! Please email me on pepe91@hotmail.co.uk or text on 07702254449 to let me know either way. I look forward to hearing from you!!! Many thanks, Pete.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.