Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: iva application form
wz1musik

posted on 24/1/12 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
iva application form

Need help with App form for MK indy blade registration. Car is built from sierra donor on K reg and i want to keep the K reg. i dont want it to be a Q plate only because in the future i would like a private plate on it.

anyway,

on the iva form i have to tick A for ameture build but you only enter the donor details and parts used if you select C on the form for "in the business of building"

if i select A and go for IVA test am i going to get a Q plate at registration stage?

Kind Regards

Wesley

loggyboy

posted on 24/1/12 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
IVA is irrelevant to registration
once you have passed the IVA you take the pass certficate along with the DVLA build up form, v5 of donor, and if possible photos of build to prove you used the donor and DVLA will issue you the new K reg number.

wz1musik

posted on 24/1/12 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the quick response. very helpful.

so shall i just tick the "A" box and sign the ameture build declaration and leave the original reg and donor info off the app form completely?

i have all photos receipts and invoices for full build

loggyboy

posted on 24/1/12 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yes and fill in the amateur built declaration:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/forms/vehicletestforms/vehicletestforms.htm#P1_18

adithorp

posted on 24/1/12 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wz1musik
thanks for the quick response. very helpful.

so shall i just tick the "A" box and sign the ameture build declaration and leave the original reg and donor info off the app form completely?

i have all photos receipts and invoices for full build

Yes. The "Q or age related plate" will be dealt with when you apply to DVLA for registration.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Matt_C

posted on 24/1/12 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just out of interest, does having a Q plate stop you getting a personalised plate in the future?
monkeyarms

posted on 24/1/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Once a Q - Allways a Q, so I have been told.
loggyboy

posted on 24/1/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, Q plates are non transferable. The general idea behind a Q is that the accurate age of the vehicle could not be determined. (ie stolen recovered with ID removed, or kit made of of random parts with no single donor).
stuart collins

posted on 24/1/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
So i phoned the dvla and i was told when i scrap the shell i need to hand in the v5??? Im so confussed atm..
Davg

posted on 24/1/12 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
phoning DVLA - mistake!! you never get the same info twice!

You can dispose of the shell but keep the id and sorn the car until you use the detail when registering your build the the sierra will be officially scrapped

Cheers
D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

stuart collins

posted on 24/1/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
But even the scrap yard told me i had to hand in the v5??? How do i get around that??
mcerd1

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
if you can't find a more helpful scrapyard, saw it up into little chuncks and take it one car load at a time (hang on to the bits with the ID) - its been done before

[Edited on 24/1/2012 by mcerd1]

-

loggyboy

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Tell them your not scapping the car, your scapping some metal that happens to be in a shape of a car.
stuart collins

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Tell them your not scapping the car, your scapping some metal that happens to be in a shape of a car.

well, That made me laugh.... I don't think that will work.... and i need it gone tomorrow, as my chassis is coming on friday. And i need the space for that.

Neville Jones

posted on 25/1/12 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart collins
So i phoned the dvla and i was told when i scrap the shell i need to hand in the v5??? Im so confussed atm..

I had a discussion with a very nice young lady at DVLA and her supervisor just 5 minutes ago on this subject. I have had a Mk2 Cortina on SORN for a few years. The car has never been scrapped on paper, but the shell went many years ago.

This was from Swansea, today. I'm sure someone will come along say they were told different, but this was today and from DVLA Swansea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The definitive word, as I was told, is that as soon as you scrap the car, it ceases to exist, and therefore cannot be a donor. If you wish to have an age related numberplate rego, then you must not scrap the vehicle until after you have obtained your new rego number from DVLA.

You need to SORN the donor until you have your new rego on the car you've built, then scrap the donor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

To dispose of the donor beforehand, you should do as was suggested above, and take it in little bits, or make sure you remove all the chassis numbers, and hold onto those sections of steel. Otherwise, the scrappy will put the chassis number into the system, and your donor is then marked up as 'scrapped'.

That DVLA phone system would make you want to do someone some real harm. Who dreamt it up? At least four different 'press one for.., two for..', then you do it all over again for another set of obtuse choices!!!AAARRRgh!

Cheers,
Nev.

loggyboy

posted on 25/1/12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart collins
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

well, That made me laugh.... I don't think that will work.... and i need it gone tomorrow, as my chassis is coming on friday. And i need the space for that.

I was deadly serious! With the ID removed (vin plates cut out and retained for your purposes) that is all it can be classed as. With scrap metal at a decent price I cant imagine many dealers not wanting to take it off you hands. Thats how I plan to dispose of mine, with a large selection of other metal objects left in the back that ive been saving up to hopefully make some money back!

b14wrc

posted on 25/1/12 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I chopped mine up and got paid to recycle it. No questions asked....

However when i SORNed it for some reason it didn’t actually get registered as being sorned and when i contacted the DVLA to ask why i hadn’t a reminder they informed me it wasn’t SORNED for 14 months!

So, while panicking about the fine i may received, i sent the V5 back and declared it scrapped. I had SORNed it online as soon as i got the car transferred to my name, so don’t know why it hadn’t worked..... Had a letter since saying its now scrapped and as no fine was issued i am in the clear, but i can tell you i was worried. I have never used a car untaxed/insured and would have been gutted to have had points/fine for a vehicle i didn’t even drive on the road!

Hopefully i will be able to use the photos and photo copy of the V5 to register the age related plate, if not a Q doesn’t really bother me too much, would have liked to put my number plate !! on it at some stage, but if its a Q - its not the end of the world....

Rob

20vt powered rear engined locost

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.