Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS2 Extra Tuning
aidan46

posted on 29/2/12 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
MS2 Extra Tuning

I have a silvertop zetec running on a MS2 extra efi system with zx6r throttle bodies. Have the car up and running and brought it for a few test drives. (Idles and starts perfectly). The thing is under heavy acceleration from low rpm it seems quite sluggish to go. I have a wideband lambda sensor installed and Air fuel ratios across the MAP seem ok between 12- 14 : 1 average. I am wondering if it is more likely to be a problem with the acceleration enrichment setting which ive already had a play around with or is it more likely to do with the spark advance setting which i Haven't touched at all? Any suggestions / advice would be very welcome!!. TA
rhinopower

posted on 29/2/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Im running lumpy cams but i'l show you my AE settings, can you show me your cold start and after start enrichment settings as mine seem to be a bit off
ashg

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
it will most certainly be the timing holding you back.

put a screen shot of your spark timing table up so we can see what kind of values you have in the table.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

aidan46

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Spark table

[img][/img]

Here's the spark table, as ive said I haven't really touched this since ive managed to get the engine up and running so im really not sure what way its set.

aidan46

posted on 29/2/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Acceleration Enrichment

[img][/img]
BaileyPerformance

posted on 1/3/12 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aidan46
[img][/img]

I would suggest that's too much timing at full throttle low rpm, you want 12 at WOT upto 1500rpm, ramp up to 28 at 4000rpm, 30 after 5500rpm.

Aim for 12.5AFR WOT, 13AFR will do but NO leaner

A stock 2.0L should make 170BHP on jenvey 45s with this timing and fuelling assuming the exhaust system is big enough, 1.5inch headers minimum.

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BaileyPerformance

posted on 1/3/12 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaileyPerformance
quote:
Originally posted by aidan46
[img][/img]

I would suggest that's too much timing at full throttle low rpm, you want 12 at WOT upto 1500rpm, ramp up to 28 at 4000rpm, 30 after 5500rpm.

Aim for 12.5AFR WOT, 13AFR will do but NO leaner

A stock 2.0L should make 170BHP on jenvey 45s with this timing and fuelling assuming the exhaust system is big enough, 1.5inch headers minimum.

Cheers Dale.

Ment to say, AE is less important when using Alpha N, only a small amount is required if any, AE will have no effect anyway when once the throttle is wide open.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aidan46

posted on 2/3/12 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
That's Great Dale,

Gonna give those settings a Try and see how it works. Ill let you know how it goes.

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.