Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F&%king Royal Mail
Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
F&%king Royal Mail

Right, i've had it with Royal Mail. Ive had 2 throttle linkage springs stolen from packages.

2 separate packages, lsdweb and neilp1 have both kindly donated GSXR throttle linkage springs to me after i lost one and both times they've been removed from their packages.

The first one had a convenient tear in one corner and the spring removed (ok, it could possibly be an accident but didnt look like it was)

The second one had the envelope opened, spring removed from a plastic bag within and then the envelope sealed again didnt know till i opened it to find nothing inside

WTF do they want with a tiny little spring? its crazy, now i'm going to have to wait till i can get down to suzuki and hope the parts man can help!

GRRRRRR

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

PSpirine

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Have you complained to your local office etc.? I don't know what the protocol is but sounds like it'll keep happening if your postie's on to the fact that you receive car bits!

I can't complain about Royal Mail where I am - not a single screw up so far!

Peteff

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's people thinking you might be sending jewellery. My wife sent some beans to a friend for her to plant and when the envelope got to where it was going it had been slit and the inner packet slit in exactly the same place and the contents removed. Her friend reported it to the sorting office even though the contents were not valuable. The second lot my wife sent here were not touched.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'll look into complaining etc.

I've had loads of car stuff delivered recently (having a big push on getting the car finished) but all of that arrived fine, half of it sent unrecorded etc.

Just cant understand what they want with a tiny spring, its not worth anything to anyone except me

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

PSpirine

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I think it's people thinking you might be sending jewellery. My wife sent some beans to a friend for her to plant and when the envelope got to where it was going it had been slit and the inner packet slit in exactly the same place and the contents removed. Her friend reported it to the sorting office even though the contents were not valuable. The second lot my wife sent here were not touched.

You know you can get a whole tin of beans for the price of a 1st class stamp at most Tesco's!

macc man

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Royal Mail is rife with tealeaves. In our area several have been aprehended after going throuh the mail for valuables.
Not much you can do but complain. Sometimes they leave parcels as a honey trap to catch them out.

morcus

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
We had the same problem a few years ago, which resulted in a few people being sacked (My Uncle is a postman in out town so told us about the outcome). Unfortunalty there isn't that much you can do apart from complain, but you deffintily should as mail theft is a serious crime and it's the only way they'll get caught.

Aparantly they're very good at spotting honey traps from the real deal from what I've heard. The best solution is to have what we had in the first house I grew up in and be related to the postie.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

dlatch

posted on 6/6/12 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
thankfully no problems here with our postie but it certainly seem's to be the luck of the draw
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 6/6/12 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Royal Mail are becoming more and more of a joke, I worked there 10 years ago, in IT not delivery, but the stories which circulated were amazing, e.g. front line delivery and sorting staff who couldn't read English!!!!

Got a pic, I've a few TB springs in the drawer, and will happily send you another if its a match.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/6/12 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Royal Mail are becoming more and more of a joke, I worked there 10 years ago, in IT not delivery, but the stories which circulated were amazing, e.g. front line delivery and sorting staff who couldn't read English!!!!

Got a pic, I've a few TB springs in the drawer, and will happily send you another if its a match.

Thanks Pete, U2U

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Peteff

posted on 6/6/12 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirineYou know you can get a whole tin of beans for the price of a 1st class stamp at most Tesco's!

Yes but these were magic beans in exchange for a cow (actually they were runner bean and Siberian pole bean seed)

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

stevegough

posted on 6/6/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
The best solution is to have what we had in the first house I grew up in and be related to the postie.

Sorry, Morcus but I just gotta take you up on this one...... HOW were you related to the your postie?

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

morcus

posted on 6/6/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
He's my Uncle, but my brother looks just like my cousin so me and my dad think he might be my brothers real dad. My brother doesn't like this joke though.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's not people stealing them !!!!!
Royal mail use a lot of auto sorting machines that tear the packs open.
It's a problem that I encounter with my gear change adapters when sold
On the bay. The way we found round the problem is to tape the item to a bit of
Cardboard and sandwich it before putting it in the padded envelope.
I've lost about 7 or 8 before we worked out the problem.
It's small so it's getting in the auto sorter pile which does paper well but not springs which tear the envelopes
So that is the problem.... Royal mail might have losses to theft but it's still better than the african lucky dip postal service.
It's so bad amazon won't sell to that part of the world

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
It's not people stealing them !!!!!
Royal mail use a lot of auto sorting machines that tear the packs open.
It's a problem that I encounter with my gear change adapters when sold
On the bay. The way we found round the problem is to tape the item to a bit of
Cardboard and sandwich it before putting it in the padded envelope.
I've lost about 7 or 8 before we worked out the problem.
It's small so it's getting in the auto sorter pile which does paper well but not springs which tear the envelopes
So that is the problem.... Royal mail might have losses to theft but it's still better than the african lucky dip postal service.
It's so bad amazon won't sell to that part of the world

Maybe on the first one, but the second one the envelope was undamaged... it had been opened spring removed from bag inside and stuck back down, no chance it just came out.

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/6/12 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
The mail machines poped the top off my envelopes cause I got one sent back to me.
It was empty and undamged but the gear adapter was gone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.