Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help TDCI mondeo wont start
steve m

posted on 14/6/12 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Help TDCI mondeo wont start

Hi

Ive changed the fuel filter, (next to the rear beam) on my 2008 TDCI mondeo, and the car ran for about two mins, and cut out
I cant start it now!

It does not have the fuel pump bulb

any idea's

regards

steve

RichardK

posted on 14/6/12 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I had one of those and it turned out to be either the crank position sensor or cam position sensor, think it was cam but was a few years ago, do you know anybody with a code reader? Maybe that would give you a clue.hope you get it sorted,cheers rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JAMSTER

posted on 14/6/12 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
maybe take off the filter and fill with diesel and replace
steve m

posted on 14/6/12 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
i had taken the filter off, again, and refilled the bowl to the max, and reassembled it, and still no joy,

but, ive solved it now

Basicly there is a schraeder valve by the pump, so i took the valve out, and put a tube and funnel on to the valve,
and basicly back filled the system with the funnell, and then removed the funnel, and blew int the pipe to force the fuel down and back up the feed pipe, untill i ran out of puff, and diesel !

removed the pipe, fitted the valve,

and it started first time!

mark chandler

posted on 14/6/12 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
You need to be very careful doing that, even cracking the injectors can introduce enough dirt to screw up the injectors
rusty nuts

posted on 14/6/12 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
You need to be very careful doing that, even cracking the injectors can introduce enough dirt to screw up the injectors

And possibly the engine!

dray13dad

posted on 14/6/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
On later Mondeo/ford/peugoet can be a right sh... to bleed after doing fuel filter as bleed is on the return side.Best use wd40 done the air intake and keep going like that but make sure starter motor does not get too hot. or take in for a long tow. there is i think a blleed kit just come on to the market for these darn cars.(I hate doing filters on these later cars) would say set a side at lest an hour and half to get it back running after doing filter.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.