Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Important Grabercars Announcement
sgraber

posted on 6/11/05 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Important Grabercars Announcement

I thought I might mention that I have completed negotiations with an interested party to secure investment funding to complete the La Bala project.

Funding is now available to hire someone to complete the plug and pull professional quality molds.

Looks like from this point on the car will definitely be developed into a business plan. The aim is to have a company ready to launch publicly by next April.

I always thought that I should try to finish the car completely on my own. Strangely I am actually quite relieved to have a group of people that believe in the project enough to invest their money and time. I am still very much in charge of the project and luckily the investor has a lot of confidence in my ability to see the project through to completion. Heck I've spent 3-1/2 years and thousands of hours on it already, why would I quit on it now?

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 6/11/05 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
That's good news Steve !!!!

It's allways (well almost allways) more fun to work with somebody else's money than your own

Well done mate !!!

Cheers Cita

Hellfire

posted on 6/11/05 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations Steve and well done. The finishing post is well and truly in your sights now.

Wishing you the very best of luck.

derf

posted on 6/11/05 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, thats big news. Now when's the car going to be done?
dl_peabody

posted on 7/11/05 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations! I have looked on your site with awe and amazemnt at the completeness of your build. I am sure I speak for alot of people when I say we all look forward to seeing the finished product.
sgraber

posted on 7/11/05 at 03:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the nice words. I think my fiberglass guy (who is an old guy, but truly an artist) will be working on the car 4 days a week.

I really expect the plug to be completed within 3 weeks and molds being layed up very shortly after that time. If that timeline holds, it may be that I end up with a really REALLY neat Christmas present!

There are a lot of other really positive developments in the works and I'll be sure to tell all here when it's all a bit more in focus.

At this point I am really needing to get my 3DSMax frame and suspension drawn up in a true CAD program so that I can make them available for anyone that wants to start building La Balas in anticipation of the bodywork.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
derf

posted on 7/11/05 at 04:11 AM Reply With Quote
So whats the plan? Going to sell body molds, for home builders?
Rorty

posted on 7/11/05 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Steve, that's quite a milestone and satisfying in as much as your beliefs have been ratified.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

Alan B

posted on 7/11/05 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hey nice one Bud....you deserve it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.