Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: No Spark
mandbsheldon

posted on 11/12/05 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
No Spark

I have a Yamaha Fazer engine. Coils are wired in and I have power to them. Engine cut off switch is sorted as is the clutch sencer switch, but I don't get a spark at the plugs. I've not yet wired in the fuel pump, could this be a problem?
Any idears or advise welcome.

kurt

posted on 11/12/05 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a side stand switch like on the R1 as this needs shorting like the side stand switch. As for the fuel pump, on the R1 this can be disconneted and it makes no difference to the spark.
Genesis

posted on 11/12/05 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Have you bypassed the safety devices and ignition security protection. I believe the systems are the same as the R1.

You'll need to connect the fuel pump sooner or later

Going fishin'

tks

posted on 11/12/05 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
if the bike MCU

gives power to the coils...
using an relais etc...
you are realy close to a spark.

altough this only counts when the original loom powers it seld not when YOU hookup the power feed etc.

To spark engine you will need side stand up or down, in neutral fuel pump is an extra check since if you put on the bike(contact), the pump starts running auto for 4secs.. if there is some error then you never would hear the pump running on switching on power?

does it has HISS system??

- bike angle sensor?
- Kill?
- Neutral?
- Diode in? working?

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

speed8

posted on 11/12/05 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
What year?
Side stand switch, neutral, clutch switch. Although, some combinations of the above may work eg, clutch plus sidestand but in gear.

Cyclelock?? Have a look on the BEC forum for a thread I started recently about the cyclelock. I've got it sussed now and my loom is in the house so if it's that I can give you a few clues.

mandbsheldon

posted on 13/12/05 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting stuff, I've read all of that thread. Now just have to find the bl**dy thing and see what happens
mandbsheldon

posted on 13/12/05 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
In my Haynes book of lies, it shows the cycle lock having 9 black wires coming from it. I can't find that on the loom any where, am I missing something?
mandbsheldon

posted on 13/12/05 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think the cycle lock comes by the way of 3 connectors. Two of the connectors have been looped, but the third has nothing done to it. It has one earth, one constant live and one ignition live. Anyone any idears. I have a Blue connector which has been left, this has a black wire and a blue witha a black trace (it seems to opperate a relay), again any idears.
speed8

posted on 13/12/05 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Cyclelock is typically two looped connectors so it sounds like yours is ok there. The blue connector sounds like the sidestand switch. Black goes to earth and Blue/black goes to the start circuit cutoff relay (16pin connector into it). If this is right then you want to connect the black and blue/black together.
mandbsheldon

posted on 14/12/05 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, it looks like the side stand switch. Nothing has been done with this. Just link the wires?
mandbsheldon

posted on 15/12/05 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yep,
not be long

mandbsheldon

posted on 15/12/05 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote

Just tried that Chris Still nothing.

I still have a connector with 3 black wires (which should go to the cycle lock) one seems to be earth, one seems to be constant live and the other ignition live. What should I do with this?

Leigh.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.