Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 jetting for SVA?
kurt

posted on 18/2/06 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
R1 jetting for SVA?

I'm approaching the completion of my MK Indy with an R1 engine. I am currently having a high flow catalytic converter made and intend to get the emmisions sorted for the SVA.

Does anyone know what jet sizes or carb setup etc. is required to get the emissions right with a catalytic converter fitted? The engine is a 2000 carburettor model with the Air Induction System and the exhaust is an MK item.

If anyone else needs a high flow catalytic converter which is about the size of a coke can fitted into the link pipe between the headers and the silencer, then AAS Performance in Newcastle are the pepole. Let me know and I'll post info.

OK, I'm off to watch the Newcastle v Southampton match.

Cheers for now, Kurt

smart51

posted on 18/2/06 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Emmissions for SVA is done at idle, albeit fast idle at 2500 RPM. You are not using the main jets or needle jets at this point because the throttle is lessthan 1/4 open. You need to adjust the idle jets.

If for some reason you can't get it lean enough, and you are sure there are no air leaks etc, then you could lean off the needles by moving the circlip up the needle. I didn't need to do this though.

Lurch88

posted on 18/2/06 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Kurt
how much is your cat going to cost you?

kurt

posted on 18/2/06 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
£180 plus £30 to modify it to reduce the pipe size to fit headers and silencer. Apparently the high flow cat is designed for performance engines, AAS has fitted one to a 500 bhp Corvette import which passed SVA and that was running rich so it should be OK for the R1 engine without restricting the power. I know that sounds a lot, but I want to have my car set up with the cat and jetting sorted so MOTs should be ok now that they have this computerised system where all the info about your car is stored for future reference. Also the SVA people up here are apparently strict so I am trying to get it sorted properly rather than mess about with fish tank valves etc.
Lurch88

posted on 19/2/06 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I think you could be going the right way fitting a permanent catalyser ,should at least cover your arse for future regulation changes!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.