Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Overall size of the Indy?
Moorron

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Overall size of the Indy?

Hi Members, First post here. I have just bought an MK Indy from one of the other members in here (Tim C?), great built car. Going to pick it up this weekend, but i am struggling to clear space in my garage to store it in. I cant find the overall sizes for the car on the suppliers website, does any one here Know? I have space for 12 x 7 foot.

Thanks
Andy.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

zxrlocost

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
its the same width as a sierra as its got the same wheel base but length is not as long obviously

should fit in a squeeze

you wont be able to open the doors though ha ha!

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

DarrenW

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the madhouse.

12 x 7 should be just big enough. Wont give you much clearance though. You might have to climb out of the sunroof!

I bet as soon as you get the car home another few feet will miraculously appear. Its amazing what some inspiration will give you. If you are using single garage id be tempted to get some cheap 2nd hand kitchen wall units out of the burglars weekly so you can clear more floor space. Can you get a shed to store the non-expensive items out of the garage? Some worktop at the end supported on cheap concrete blocks will give you a usefull workbench.

Well done on the car purchase. Nice time of year for it as well.

[Edited on 23/3/06 by DarrenW]

Moorron

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
cheers for the info. I got a single garage which i extended backwards so i had a workshop. Thing is i have a renault 5 which is being built at the moment so i had to push that into the new garage space allowing room for the new one. trouble was all the garage tack had to be stored against the wall of the old garage loosing alot of width.

if it doesnt fit, i will grind the back of the reno down abit. lol

Never been in a car like this before, ive been in a GTM libra and spider and a few TVR's and a Marcos LM500. but nothing had felt like sitting on a skateboard with a motorbike engine up front. Only trouble is i got to drive it back from where im picking it up from (2 hours drive) and am not looking forward to learning so quickly of if it rains!.

Hope to meet some of you soon, i will be attending meets and track days in this.

zxrlocost

posted on 23/3/06 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
great where abouts do you live mate
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Moorron

posted on 23/3/06 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Telford. Donnington (the good bit lol)

u?

just noticed your age. great to see its not all old gits with a car like this.

graememk

posted on 23/3/06 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
i'd say theres quite a few of us having an early midlife crisis, i'm only 29.

i bolted some 2x3 to the walls and put some more 2x3 between then to make a double decker garage ..... = no more poo on the foor, you just bang your head on it lol

jos

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Are you coming to totalkitcar live this weekend.

I live in Shawbirch FYI. Theres quite a few of us in the area and we meet up at the bear at Hodnet most months although the weatehrs not been that nice recently

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Moorron

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Great to see that theres some members in my area. Good about the meets at hodnet, just up the road from me.

I was going to the show (to have a look at the cars i wanted), i thought it was on a sunday, but its on the day i will be picking up my car so will miss it.

A friend in my street is into kit cars so goes to most events in the year. Think he goes with Team gtm. I went to my first one last year at donnington. Was good, but very cold.

Not sure ur interested but this is my reno...

Moorron

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
oops Rescued attachment DSC00631small.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00631small.JPG

Hellfire

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Indy should just fit in your garage. Can you not buy a small shed to store some of the stuff in your garage. That might clear a bit of space.

Welcome to the madhouse.......

Phil

jos

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Nice, good luck on Saturday. Look forward to meeting you soon.

zxrlocost

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
I live in cannock mate

Moorron

posted on 23/3/06 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
i already got a shed and i dont think another one will go down too well with her indoors. I might make a rack to hold all my spare wheels in over the top of the car so save some space.

Again, cannock is just down the road from me (great roads round that way too).

See u at some meets then.

TimC

posted on 23/3/06 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum!

You're driving 'her'/it back? Hope the weather holds for you...

Give me a call to confirm time to meet.

Rgds

TC

Moorron

posted on 24/3/06 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
will be down sat 10 am, i so hope its not raining, if an unknown car + unknown roads isnt bad anought the rain will just really hack me off. weather keeps getting better, now isnt only showers.

im so excited and so scared all at the same time. if anyone sees an indy doing 10 mph up the A49 its me driving really carefull. lol

OX

posted on 24/3/06 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
welcome to the forum,im not far from you,market drayton,if you want to use my trailer come and pick it up tonight .it will save you holding every one up whilst you keep getting out to face the beast the right way hehe
Moorron

posted on 24/3/06 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the offer, think i will just leap into the deep end and drive it back.

I can also see what MPG it does and also if theres anything i need to tweak for my personal tastes.

lol i got a mate who will follow me so if i need pushing the right way round he can do it.

will need to meet up with the local lot then, didnt realise there were so many in my area.

OX

posted on 24/3/06 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
np,there was 5 local ,me,richi,shed,otto and bourne,bourne sold his mk to buy a jedi and otto doesnt come out to play anymore .
cya at the bear then on the next meet

Hellfire

posted on 24/3/06 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Cooool. So Bourne bought a Jedi. Which one................ the starfighter

[img][/img]

Moorron

posted on 25/3/06 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
well got back in one piece. after about 10 miles i was fine with the car, alltho i stalled it at hereford and couldnt start it, i had a very nice carefull drive home. booted it a few times too. great fun.

things i noticed, speedo seems to jump about/go off every now and then, mostly below 30 mph. centre mirror is useless at higher speeds, but side ones work great, bem started to hurt after 1 hour. throttle position not suited to me and now my chin muscle hurts. did 100 miles on 1/2 a tank (which is great compared to my other transport). didnt really take note fromt Tim on how to fill it up, went to do this at a local and promtly filled trainer with fuel.

fits in garage easily too so i can work on my other car without pushing this one outside.

Face muscles hurt from smiling all the way home. got lots of waves from other drivers.

Thanks Tim as this car is just what i wanted.

Hellfire

posted on 25/3/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Have fun but be careful. Get a trackday booked on an old airfield, or a track with plenty of run-off and get to know the cars limits.

jos

posted on 27/3/06 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Did you miss the rain??

Moorron

posted on 28/3/06 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
yes mate, i had rained early in the morning, but on the way down to pick it up it was drying out, so on the way back it was dry on 90% of the roads i used.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.