Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering rack placement-diagram ?
tigris

posted on 2/4/06 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
Steering rack placement-diagram ?

Have stanolforths(?) Competition Suspension book handy and I cannot make any sense of the drawing with the fromulas for determining correct r+p placement.

Anybody who has read the book, Can you tell me how to determine the A, B, C? Or any other good references online? Thanks

JC

posted on 5/4/06 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Am in the throws of moving house at the moment but will help when I find the book!!!!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 5/4/06 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Ideally you want the end of the rack positioned on a line drawn between the inboard wishbone pivots, and the same proportion from each as the end of steering arm is from the top and bottom pivots on the upright

Cheers

Fred WB

JC

posted on 10/4/06 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Do you still need help on this? I have a programme somewhere that will help. Otherwise....
From the race and rally car source book, method 2 is the easiest to use! 'A' is the distance, along a line between the top and bottom ball joint, of a line at 90 degrees to that line to the steering arm! B is the rest of that line! C is the distance along a similar line, from the top suspension pivot to the bottom one, of the inner joint of the rack. D is the remainder of that line. The ratio A:B must equal C to MINIMISE bump steer. NB. the inner joint of the rack should be on the line between the top and bottom suspension pivots Any questions, e-mail me and I will send diagrams!!!!!!!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tigris

posted on 11/4/06 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
thanks

I will post a pic here later this week with what I've done. Thanks
RallyHarry

posted on 11/4/06 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Could someone make a picture(drawing) of the ABCD method cause I didn't understand it, but I'm very interested ...

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.