Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what cat
joolsmi16

posted on 21/4/06 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
what cat

I intend on running a car cat on a blackbird engine so what cat should I be looking for?? One from a 1200cc car to match the cc of the blackbird or is bigger better?.
kurt

posted on 21/4/06 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I used a custom made cat from AAS in Newcastle on my R1 Indy, passed CO and HC just need to sort out Lambda. Let me know if you want details.

Kurt

Krismc

posted on 21/4/06 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
hello, highly reccomend stew and alister @ AAS, ive become good friends, as ive a my last 4 exhausts and custome made parts done at AAS, family business and experts in stainless and titanium systems for all cars! ive also bought a second hand samll block chevy off them which was good fun in the back of a old shape clio, untill we blew it up....anyway......

ill post pics off there work if you like??

advanced automotive systems
0191 267 3718

just past B&Q on scotswood Road(newcastle)

[Edited on 21/4/06 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Hellfire

posted on 21/4/06 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joolsmi16
I intend on running a car cat on a blackbird engine so what cat should I be looking for?? One from a 1200cc car to match the cc of the blackbird or is bigger better?.

Why would you want to strangle the engine with a CAT?? Can you not just hire one for SVA and ditch it afterwards??

Krismc

posted on 21/4/06 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
what the heck.... they did this on my clio including the laser cut plate, full 4-2-1 custom maifold etc

and this on my quattro estate

.............god i bloody miss that car!!!

[Edited on 21/4/06 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

joolsmi16

posted on 21/4/06 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
cat

I could hire one yes but having heard that people are using this method with a removable car cat bolted in place between the manifold and rear can the just replace with a link pipe after SVA.

I was wonder what cc car I'd be looking for for the cat?

Thanks

greggors84

posted on 21/4/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the hi jack, but have you got any more pics of that V8 install in the back of the clio? Sounds interesting!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

kurt

posted on 24/4/06 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
The cat I've used is a high performance one from AAS who used the same one on a Camaro that was producing 500 bhp so it shouldn't strangle a 150bhp R1 engine. It's also not a ceramic cat that looks like a solid lump, it's a bit bigger than a bean can and it's possible to see daylight through it. My main concern was that it would strangle the engine but Stewart at AAS assured me it would not, plus I've got to get to the car through the SVA. Anyway I've got the option of removing it post test as I've still got the original link pipe. I've also now got a cat for the annnual MOT.

Cheers, Kurt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.