Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Emissions and Air Induction System
kurt

posted on 19/6/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
R1 Emissions and Air Induction System

My Mk Indy R1 had a reading of 1.2 on the lambda test during the SVA. I have tried to adjust this by altering the mixture screws but no change. I'm trying to get a voltage reading from a lambda sensor shoved up the tail pipe which should read 500mv at lambda 1. I'm currently getting a reading of 30mv with the mixture screws 2 and a half turns out. Could it be the Air Induction System which is causing a lean and therefore low voltage reading? and if so do I just remove all of the AIS stuff anf blank the holes to the exhausts?

Cheers, Kurt

andyharding

posted on 19/6/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Is your sensor heated cause it prob isn't hot enough at the tail pipe.

Also, a leak in the exhaust would give you a false reading.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

mandbsheldon

posted on 19/6/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
If the lambda is to high you need to restrict the air flow. This was the same for mine during SVA, but a piece of paper over the air filter lowered the lambda and raised the co2, a fine balance.

Leigh

russbost

posted on 20/6/06 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Mixture screws will only affect idle mixture, not fast idle (around 3000 rpm - at which point the mixture screws have very little effect) which they check st SVA. As already stated the lambda sensor needs to be in the front section of exhaust to work properly.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
zxrlocost

posted on 21/6/06 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
I took my air filter out and had the mix screws just over a quarter of a turn out thats it

NO bleed valves nothing else

but I have the 4xv engine

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.