Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 fuel sender wiring?
kurt

posted on 8/7/06 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
R1 fuel sender wiring?

When I switch my ignition on I'm getting an error reading on my tacho (8000rpm) which means the fuel sender is incorrectly connected. I'm not using a standard R1 sender, but a Durite sender supplied by MK. I've connected it according to the instructions with the connection from the sender to the green and white on the R1 loom, but the diagnostics don't like it. What do I do?
MkIndy7

posted on 8/7/06 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Does it display an error with no sender attatched?

If so does it display the same fault?

I'd guess that its a 2 wire sender, 1 would go from Earth, through the sender and then to the dial through the green and white wire.

So either its not connected up right or the sender is the wrong resistance range.

[Edited on 8/7/06 by MkIndy7]

kurt

posted on 8/7/06 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, with the sender disconnected the error still shows. I have looked on another thread and somebody else has conned the diagnostics by fitting a 1K resistor between the green and white wire and earth. I think this makes the diagnostics think there is fuel or something. The sender appears to be one wire and I have a fuel gauge that I could fit that goes with the sender. If I can con the diagnostics this may be the way to go.
MkIndy7

posted on 8/7/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
The sender will need 2 wires surely, unless normally it earths through the tank in which case you'd have to replicate that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.